Oswego county ny ccw permit ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oswego county ny ccw permit ???

1. Oswego county ny ccw permit ???

I HAVE JUST COMPLETED MY PAPERWORK, HAD CHARACTER REF SIGN FORMS ECT., TAKEN SAFTEY COURSE...JUST HAVE TO TURN IN PAPERWORK AND BE FINGER PRINTED.

IT ASK'S IF I HAVE EVER BEEN ARRESTED AND DISPOSITION AND CLEARLY STATES EVEN IF DISMISSED AND , FAILURE TO BE OPEN CAN RESULT IN DENIAL.

I WAS ARRESTED FOR MAKING A FALSE STATEMENT TO DMV, IN 2006 (MISDAMENOR) SENTENCED TO 5 YEARS PROBATION...PROBATION OFFICER RELEASED ME AFTER ONLY 6 MONTHS

I WAS ALSO ARRESTED FOR A UNLAWFULL POSSESSION MARIJUANA CHARGE IN 2006 ONLY A VIOLATION (6 HOUR CLASS AND IT WAS (DISMISSED)

AND LAST ISSUING A BAD CHECK IN 1997 (DISMISSED RESTITUTION PAID)

WHAT IS THE CHANCE I WILL BE DENIED, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO OBTAIN MY PERMIT, MY FATHER PASSED AWAY AND OWNED SEVERAL HANDGUNS LEFT TO ME I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO POSSESS THEM, ALSO I GO TO MANY SHOOTING COMPETITIONS AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING THEM WITH ME.

ALSO IT ASKS IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A 24 HOUR CARRY PERMIT PLEASE ENCLOSE A REASON DOES THE STATEMENT I MADE HERE SOUND OK.

I am a competion shooter, I travel late at night and often in and through remote areas where there is little law enforcement support. I am disabled and affraid that without any realistic means of self-protection,these firearms may easily be taken from me by the criminal element and then used against the public. This would be a horrific tragedy for everyone involved. Because of this, I am afraid that there is the possibility that I will be killed or injured. For all of these reasons, I respectfully request that I be granted a concealed weapons permit.

That is a lot of stuff against you, honestly I have no idea what will happen honestly.. the probation is the hard part

I would try to get one (or more) of those convictions expunged if possible before applying.

Ummm.... Move..... Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I gotta believe you are up against it in NY. Agree with trying to get those expunged before you apply.

Psalm 82:3-5

>MAKING A FALSE STATEMENT TO DMV
    >UNLAWFULL POSSESSION MARIJUANA
    >ISSUING A BAD CHECK

Quite a rap sheet for a person who wants the responsibility of carrying a deadly weapon.

Your use of the term "by the criminal element" made me chuckle.

This was my exerience in Orange county N.Y.
    Arrested in 72 for B&E with intent to do battery. Punk smashed my windshield and ran inside house. I followed. Pled guilty to Malicious mischief. Misdemeanor
    Arrested in 75 for DWI. Pled guilty to reckless driving.
    79 Arrested in Atlanta Ga. DWI. Not Guilty
    83 arrested DWI Pled guilty.
    93 Arrested Poss.CDS.Poss Para. Charges dropped.
    Took 22 months but have my full carry permit. Would have been 6 mos. sooner but sat for bad prints on someones desk even after I called 6 times as to ask "What's up?"

DO NOT leave ANY arrests out of your application. Expunged or not. Also get court docs as to disposition of all arrests. They WILL find them and have reason to deny if you don't.

I think you better come up with a better reason for full carry. Maybe first list Camping, hiking, walking, target, hunting, home defense,all buisness matters if you own a buisness. You can carry to and from any of these activities. Notice this covers 99.9% of the time. Thats what I did. Then after a year or so, go in to have the restrictions removed, reasoning that you are carrying 99% of the time anyhow. I think you will have a better chance than what you have written.

I would try for a free consultation with an attorney first. NY being a may issue state it sounds like your chances of full carry right out of the box may be tricky. GL
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    I would try for a free consultation with an attorney first. NY being a may issue state it sounds like your chances of full carry right out of the box may be tricky. GL
    Every state that issues permits is really a "discretionary issue." All have provisions for denial based on criminal or psychiatric history.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by EADACORP84 View Post
    I HAVE JUST COMPLETED MY PAPERWORK, HAD CHARACTER REF SIGN FORMS ECT., TAKEN SAFTEY COURSE...JUST HAVE TO TURN IN PAPERWORK AND BE FINGER PRINTED.

IT ASK'S IF I HAVE EVER BEEN ARRESTED AND DISPOSITION AND CLEARLY STATES EVEN IF DISMISSED AND , FAILURE TO BE OPEN CAN RESULT IN DENIAL.

I WAS ARRESTED FOR MAKING A FALSE STATEMENT TO DMV, IN 2006 (MISDAMENOR) SENTENCED TO 5 YEARS PROBATION...PROBATION OFFICER RELEASED ME AFTER ONLY 6 MONTHS

I WAS ALSO ARRESTED FOR A UNLAWFULL POSSESSION MARIJUANA CHARGE IN 2006 ONLY A VIOLATION (6 HOUR CLASS AND IT WAS (DISMISSED)

AND LAST ISSUING A BAD CHECK IN 1997 (DISMISSED RESTITUTION PAID)

WHAT IS THE CHANCE I WILL BE DENIED, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO OBTAIN MY PERMIT, MY FATHER PASSED AWAY AND OWNED SEVERAL HANDGUNS LEFT TO ME I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO POSSESS THEM, ALSO I GO TO MANY SHOOTING COMPETITIONS AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING THEM WITH ME.

ALSO IT ASKS IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A 24 HOUR CARRY PERMIT PLEASE ENCLOSE A REASON DOES THE STATEMENT I MADE HERE SOUND OK.

I am a competion shooter, I travel late at night and often in and through remote areas where there is little law enforcement support. I am disabled and affraid that without any realistic means of self-protection,these firearms may easily be taken from me by the criminal element and then used against the public. This would be a horrific tragedy for everyone involved. Because of this, I am afraid that there is the possibility that I will be killed or injured. For all of these reasons, I respectfully request that I be granted a concealed weapons permit.
    You're reasons for an unrestricted CCW permit are not enough when weighed against your background. You won't be issued an unrestricted carry. NY will not issue a permit for purposes of self-protection. That is already provided for in article 35 of the penal law. Your background is not good and the arrests are recent. I've had people get approved with worse backgrounds, but the arrests were farther back.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11. As for the probation , not that it matters but, i was sentenced to 5 years probation , the probation officer released me from probation after only 6 months, if anything i would think that would be a possitive...well in a way i guess

i have no mental hygene issues and never been arrested of any violent crime and have zero felony's on record.

I just diddnt want to throw away a extra $150.00 i was under the assumption that even if i ask for a unrestricted licenses, that i could still get a license with restrictions if not approved for unrestricted

should i include anything on seperate paper that i also want permit to obtain my fathers handguns that are in the possession of the executor of his estate until i obtain permit

thanks for the feedback people

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast