Best answer when asked why I carry? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best answer when asked why I carry?

1. Why I Carry

Because it's my right to.

Another one is to say that 'my wife and my kids' depend upon me to make it home every night.
    The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is the Freedom that protects all others...

4. A quaint little ditty you may have heard before. It goes like this.... "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness." In today's world of thug to police ratio it just makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cwcdw View Post
    Because it's my right to.
    I agree! There not need to be a reason.

6. IHOP happens, IHOP happens, IHOP happens, IHOP happens (message was too short)

7. To expand on olspsparky's response, that period of saying "what if" might just be minutes. I also pray I never have to use my weapon, but I would rather use my weapon than have my loving wife mourn the fact that I was not able to defend her and myself. In Arizona, when I first got a Concealed Weapon Permit, many businesses posted "No Weapons" signs. Every time I encountered one, I put the business owner on notice that if I was injured or killed because I had been stripped of my ability to defend myself, they would be hit with a huge lawsuit for allowing as situation that deprives a law-abiding citizen protection from a criminal who would disregard their silly little sign. Oh, and by the way, say good-bye to my money, as well.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

8. Quote Originally Posted by docjara View Post
    I agree! There not need to be a reason.
    I personally disagree with this. I feel it is better to have an answer that may enlighten someone who starts off against carrying. You may just change a mind if you have a solid well-thought response.

@wuzfuz - The "what if" I was talking about is if a situation did occur that necessitated using my gun and I had decided not to carry that day. I think it would be difficult wondering how things might have been different if I had been prepared. But you are right, it might be a short time if I am among the victims. Good thing I always have it where I am allowed to carry.

Because those that protect the many are few, over worked, under paid and generally respond to crime instead of prevent it. I trust my safety to one man, me.

Because my 83 year old Grandmother was murdered for 50 bucks!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast