Concealed carry for small frame guy...?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry for small frame guy...?

1. Concealed carry for small frame guy...?

Looking at getting a Walther PPS 9mm for carry. Anybody have an opinion on this gun? I've held it in our local gun stores and it feels great. It seems to be a good quality gun, and it's really thin which is what a guy my size has to be concerned with. I'm only 5'8" and 140lbs, so actually concealing a gun is hard. I know there's a lot of guns out there prefer over this gun because of capacity, but the way I figure it, I can always carry 1 or 2 more magazines...

My better half carries and loves her Para companion

4. Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    My better half carries and loves her Para companion
    Yeah I've got a friend that let me borrow his 3" Kimber to carry for a while, but it was just too bulky and heavy for me. I'm thinking something either in a 9mm or .40 and not entirely all steel frame...

Take a look at glock 36 and Springfield XDm 40 and 45

I have heard that walther has had trouble with the clips falling out on the pps

6. Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    Take a look at glock 36 and Springfield XDm 40 and 45

I have heard that walther has had trouble with the clips falling out on the pps
    I've looked into clocks, but them along with the XDs are way too wide. By the time I get it in a holster, I'll look like I have a huge tumor on my backside. That's what I'm trying to get at...overall length and height of the gun isn't nearly as important as width for someone with my build.

The Walther has an excellent reputation. Kahr also makes a small, thin, easily concealable line of quality guns.

The glock 36 is the only slim glock. Single stack.

You could look at small revolvers.
    like S&W bodyguard.

Might want to check out a Ruger LC9 if you haven't already. It's small, 9mm and is very slim as it is a single stack mag.

good gun for slim person

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson12 View Post
    Looking at getting a Walther PPS 9mm for carry. Anybody have an opinion on this gun? I've held it in our local gun stores and it feels great. It seems to be a good quality gun, and it's really thin which is what a guy my size has to be concerned with. I'm only 5'8" and 140lbs, so actually concealing a gun is hard. I know there's a lot of guns out there prefer over this gun because of capacity, but the way I figure it, I can always carry 1 or 2 more magazines...
    I am 5'6" and 135 pounds. I carry a Kahr MK9. You could probably carry a K9 and still conceal pretty well.

Love my Kahr.

If you are set on the PPS, you should SHOOT it before you buy it. Just holding it doesn't tell you how it feels when you shoot it....just my 2 cents.

Best of luck in finding a gun that suits you,

I am 5' 9", 150 lbs. Just bought a full size smith & wesson m&p 9mm, holds 17 plus one. I bought a Galco iwb holster, been wearing for five days without my wife noticing at all. I carry the gun itself at the 4 position, with the back belt clip just about @the middle of my back. Only took about a day to get used to. CC not fully legal in my state yet (nov. 1st :) ), but I own my own restaurant so I can carry on my property and since I work 18 hour days, I was able to break it in rather quickly. Otherwise I try to OC when not working cuz thats legal. I have even worn it with jeans and a t_shirt tucked in and you couldnt see it. Hope this helps u out a little bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast