Which is better? Protect yourself/family or remove criminal from face of earth? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is better? Protect yourself/family or remove criminal from face of earth?

1. NavyLcdr

Wasn't bashing open carriers. Just a preference and food for thought I guess.

A few opinions,

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    Open carry may or may not act as a deterrent. But: It can also act as a catalyst. A criminal who wants a pistol sees the Open Carrier and knows who to assault to get one. It's the same thing as flashing a big wad of hundred dollar bills. Advertising.
    Let me start by saying, that while, IMO, the "OC-gun-grab" scenario is unlikely to happen, I agree that it is a possibility, and could potentially happen.

However, I must disagree that OC is as inviting as "flashing a big wad of hundred dollar bills."
    I have to imagine that *most* **criminals** would at least recognize a level of increased risk associated with trying to rob an armed individual, and the thoughts of being seriously wounded or killed while doing so would inevitably, if even breifly cross one's mind. (Read: If this doesnt work out, I will likely be shot. Or, What if he shoots me?)
    On the other hand, the odds of being killed or seriously wounded by a big wad of hundred dollar bills are significantly less.
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, 1962.)
    Land Of The Free... Void Where Prohibited By Law.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Milligan23 View Post
    Wasn't bashing open carriers. Just a preference and food for thought I guess.
    I agree, YOU weren't bashing open carriers. Here's food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by NFTATraining View Post
    I have been an instructor for quite a few years, and the director the NFTA for the last couple of those and all the places, training, and people that I have talked to I can't honestly ever remember when I have heard of a gun being taken from an open carrier. Still *could* happen.
    Seems like a person has a greater chance of getting killed by a flower pot pushed off a roof by a monkey....

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Monkeys create havoc in Delhi

Well, at least in India.....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I want a flowerpot brandishing monkey. Way cooler than this stupid pistol I pack around all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Seems like a person has a greater chance of getting killed by a flower pot pushed off a roof by a monkey....
    Well, at least in India.....
    I almost incorporated this into my post, but didnt want to steal your wicked awesome line...
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, 1962.)
    Land Of The Free... Void Where Prohibited By Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Milligan23:227993
    With respect to open or concealed carry, If someone is out to make a victim of someone, what better target than someone openly carrying?
    A better target would be one that does not pose a risk to their lives. If you had to fight someone, who would you pick, Gandhi or the Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM:227942
    I think if the BG just see the gun, in most cases that is all that is needed
    Sorry man, but you have been added to the complete fools list as described by B2...

Complete fools list: Terminal Lance, danksme, Trugrit, RNITOVR, TekGreg, Naybor, fudo, kingofthedemo, hardballer, billwot, JohnLM

There's a complete fools list? I didn't know....

10. My dads names Richard middleton, are you my father?!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I

Do you feel, as gun carriers, is it better that we simply prevent a criminal from attacking us and our family, and protect ourselves and our families from criminal actions; or is it better for us to execute the criminal?
    "Is it better for us to execute the criminal?" If you are really asking that question then you should not be carrying a gun.
    In case you did not know, carrying a gun does not give you the power to be a judge, jury, and executioner.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast