Which is better? Protect yourself/family or remove criminal from face of earth? - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is better? Protect yourself/family or remove criminal from face of earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg:228046
    Rare and unique occurrence; perhaps, but I do remember hearing of this: Open Carry Man Robbed of His Gun-Watch Video Here

Admittedly, it's hard to believe this guy is representative of OCers, nevertheless, there it is.

"There's a complete fools list? I didn't know...."

Circles within circles, wheels within wheels, & one never knows there is a higher (or in this case, lower) level until invited.
    Its funny that even this article can't say he was targeted for his gun for sure, but that's what he believes. They won't know until they catch the bad guy...whereas the link navy posted the bad guys admitted to waiting because of the open carriers.

WOW. I thought this was a simple question, that those of us who carried, were somehow above the morons and slime. Guess I was wrong. (Just joking!)

I carry to protect my family, myself and then, maybe, you. (I will use a cell phone for you.) I want to stop the bad guy. PERIOD. Just make them stop, nothing more, nothing less. If they expire during their onslaught, sorry. I am not on a hunting excursion. Those who hunt trouble, usually find it.

Should I do this OC or CC. It doesn't really matter. I have seen OC done very well. And I would say that most "professional" open carriers are going to be mistaken for police officers. These guys/gals usually have very nice leather holsters and nice shooting irons. I would allow them a deterrent factor. As opposed to the idiot who was OCing in Kohls the other day with his Glock falling on the floor because he had it clipped on his pant pocket. Of course there are many shades in between. I have seen CC done well and poorly too, although not nearly as often as open carry.

Psalm 82:3-5

4. Hoffa wants to take out the "Tea Party" so according to him take out the enemy.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

As for as open or concealed, their will always be people hardcore for one or the other. In all reality, it is what your state allows and what you feel comfortably with. Plain and simple. The important part is that you are carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Some people just cannot resist the open carry v. concealed carry discussion...
    or the chance to bash open carriers...
    I prefer making fun of sheepdogs and CCW Badges.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    There's a complete fools list? I didn't know....
    You aren't on it, you are on NavyLCDR's list of constitutional trolls, as am I.

8. , I agree that it is a possibility, and could potentially happen.
    .[/QUOTE]

9. Open carriers are seeking Validation from Society or Law Enforcement or both.

This is clear to me even if it's not clear to anyone else.

what if?

Playing devil's advocate...let's say a criminal enters your home while you're there and then backs away and leaves when he sees your gun. Now he knows you have it and what to expect. If that criminal is bold enough and dangerous enough to have entered your home in the first place, he may decide to return, but armed the next time, now that he knows what to expect. Knowing that possibility exists, it's a hard choice in the first encounter. Shoot or don't shoot? Self defense or overkill? It's all in how you view it...no easy choice here.

In-home confrontation

For any case where you have an intruder in your home, I suggest reading chapter 7 of Massad Ayoob's book "In the Gravest Extreme," with particular attention to that portion of the chapter that starts at the bottom of page 58. I think he makes his case quite well. BTW, you can get it at www.ayoob.com. I got mine within a day or two of ordering.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast