Concealed carry sure worked for this man. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed carry sure worked for this man.

1. Was he talking to him down the road on a loud speaker or something? Typically a robbery is up close, you would think he would have noticed a hit

Nice story to a bad situation. No blood on the ground, no hits to mass. Gotta go back to basics with more practice. Maybe night shoots as well. Haven't done that for a long while. The story reminded me it's time to re-qual at night again.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

4. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    +1! I agree completely, because my post has to have at least 15 characters in it. :-)
    Hrm, just noticed that the poster I replied to only has one post. I should have just ignored him...

Maybe the robber was holding a toy gun that was why he wasn't able to defend himself...oh, ignore me too -- I am trolling...

Back to work before I sack myself for taking a break.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    +1! I agree completely, because my post has to have at least 15 characters in it. :-)
    I also agree, however...

I am guessing that you are not typing on that "tactical" keyboard I got you for the limitted addition Sheepdog X-box.

Good for him but I would recommend he gets himself to a range and learns to hit what he shoots at...The suspect should have been ready for morgue pickup.

8. Another thing to consider is that the shots may have hit, but not required hospital-level medical treatment.
    People can get tunnel vision in situations like this. The shots may have hit the hand/arm and only cause grazes because they were aimed more at the gun. Even trained police officers have been known to focus on the gun.
    People involved in self-defense with firearms have reported things like: not hearing the gun shots, not remembering how many times they fired, staring down "huge" barrels, sensations of time distortion, and more...

I'm just glad the robbery was thwarted. I'm also betting the guy is thankful he doesn't have to deal with the aftermath of killing someone, even if it was totally justified. Plus, it hopefully means that the robber chooses a new career since it almost cost him his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Practice, Practice, Practice, be able to hit your target.
    Yes, a slow hit beats a fast miss every time.

When drawing, slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I work not far from this complex, also lived there for a little while when I was first married to my second wife. There are no camreas there that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    I guess the good thing is he did not get robbed,and he does not have to discuss it with the Tulsa Oklahoma D.A. Tim Harris as he is worthless and anti-CCW.
    David Moss has been missed. He publicly stated once that if you defend your home and kill someone, he will not prosecute you. RIP Mr. Moss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12