House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Sigh....

If you took your head out long enough to think a little, you might possibly figure something out.....
    Like what it is that I said in that post you just quoted...
    Ha! Ha! Ha! You are a hoot. You might think about being realistic sometime. You seem to be more part of the problem than part of the solution.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:239293
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Allow me. Ill simplify.

The 2A affirms the right to keep and bear arms.

The 10A states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution (which the 14A is a delegated power), nor prohibited by it to the states (again the 14A IS AN AMENDMENT THAT WAS AGREED ON BY 2/3s of the SENATE, the POTUS and 3/4ths of the STATES.....the rest of the amendment doesn't matter because the 14A is a delegated power.

The 14A affirms that, "No state shall make or enforce any law that abridges the privileges or immunities of a citizen of the united states" This grants Congress the power to overrule a state law that violates our rights.

They can use the power only for our benefit, so all this nonsense about them taking control is just that. If people want to get bent out of shape, do it over the commerce clause, the one they really have bastardized to control so many things they shouldnt. They ALREADY have self granted sweeping power, NICS check, Brady Bill, etc.

For once those pricks in Congress are reading it right and implementing a power delegated properly.

Your argument (which still fails to go deep enough, to the foundation...) is IGNORING the FACT that this is still legislation about Firearms and the Bearing of such..... which the GOVT is PROHIBITED to have anything at all to do with..... Yet your insistence that this legislation which will FORCE the States to adhere to another States UNCONSTITUTIONAL infringement (this is where the 10th comes in)is actually NOT an infringement is a joke to me, sorry.

The 10th has a little phrase that you are IGNORING that say's "nor prohibited by it" what do you think that means? Here is a hint: Un-Constitutional = Prohibited, PERIOD.....

"The 14A affirms that, "No state shall make or enforce any law that abridges the privileges or immunities of a citizen of the united states" This grants Congress the power to overrule a state law that violates our rights."

Again, Congress does NOT have ANY "power" when it comes to firearms, period, end of story, no matter how you try to present it, it is STILL a "law" that will have something to do with something they can have NOTHING to do with.....

Now, IF they got some smarts, and some balls, the COULD use the 14th to ABOLISH ALL STATES FIREARMS LAWS... That would be a valid use of that Amendment... But that would be a fantasy for sure.... They wont ever give up the power they have stolen without a fight...
    The 14A is only available as a power delegated to ENFORCE the Bill of Rights in this context, not to restrict. I tried and you still fail to comprehend.

Congress has the power to enforce the bill of rights all day long, 365 days a year with an extra day every four years bud.

OK smart guy, feel free to show me how the 14A can be used to restrict a right.

The 14A is only available as a power delegated to ENFORCE the Bill of Rights in this context, not to restrict. I tried and you still fail to comprehend.

Congress has the power to enforce the bill of rights all day long, 365 days a year with an extra day every four years bud.

I concede, I first was going to ask you why it would be Congress INSTEAD of the Supreme court that had this power... Then I read section 5..... So yes, You are correct about them having the Power to enforce this legislation... IF IT WAS CONSTITUTIONAL IN THE FIRST PLACE, which it clearly is not........

This thread started out OK but

has turned into just another:
    Attached Images Attached Images House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit-1438-645.jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    has turned into just another:
    Really? cool....... who's whining? Oops, I meant winning, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:239424

I concede, I first was going to ask you why it would be Congress INSTEAD of the Supreme court that had this power... Then I read section 5..... So yes, You are correct about them having the Power to enforce this legislation... IF IT WAS CONSTITUTIONAL IN THE FIRST PLACE, which it clearly is not........
    Granted its not perfect, but would you expect a full on constitutional change? You know that's not going to happen. Bit by bit man.

But to say its unconstitutional is wrong because it furthers the ideology of less laws against firearms. No it doesn't wipe them out completely, but it is a significant and positive change in the direction we want to go, less restrictions. So by definition, this bill making the states infringe less on the bill of rights, is constitutional because it furthers the beliefs of that constitution.

I'm sorry, but it is still wrong. .... Even if it helps, and removes some of the infringements, it still infringes.. ..

I do need to point out that I would actually benefit from this legislation... and take advantage of it. That in no way means I approve of it or think it is right... Just like needing to have a CCW just to stay out of trouble if you happen to carry a firearm.... I have one, but I hate the fact that I need one in the first damn place.....

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I'm sorry, but it is still wrong. .... Even if it helps, and removes some of the infringements, it still infringes.. ..

I do need to point out that I would actually benefit from this legislation... and take advantage of it. That in no way means I approve of it or think it is right... Just like needing to have a CCW just to stay out of trouble if you happen to carry a firearm.... I have one, but I hate the fact that I need one in the first damn place.....
    I see. Your effort to change the status of the Second Amendment is to go along with the laws you hate. From your previous posts, I gathered that you were looking for a confrontation authorities that would magically change all the laws to conform with your world view.

I guess my question, asked long ago still stands. What are you personally doing to change the status of the Second Amendment is America.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Seems Axeanda45 has taken a beating for standing up for his beliefs. Axe believes any gun laws are an infringement. Axe believes being armed anywhere you happen to be is a good idea and is constitutional, or at least supported by our Bill of Rights. He also thinks our freedoms are being erased one law at a time, that our freedoms are worth dying for. Axe obviously has strong feelings in regard to protecting your rights.

Many of you are arguing against those very basic ideas. No wonder we are losing our liberty little by little over time...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    I see. Your effort to change the status of the Second Amendment is to go along with the laws you hate. From your previous posts, I gathered that you were looking for a confrontation authorities that would magically change all the laws to conform with your world view.

I guess my question, asked long ago still stands. What are you personally doing to change the status of the Second Amendment is America.
    I would like for you to provide us all here with one teeny tiny shred of evidence that I myself have ever even hinted that I am an ACTIVIST (other than posting my opinions on online forums) about anything at all...... You wont find any... SO, WHY IN THE HELL do you keep demanding it of me?

Can I not have knowledge and opinions about things and share them? Or are you prejudiced against anyone who shares things ONLY in a forum and judge them as less than worthy?

I have no illusions of "changing" this government.... because I have figured out that it does not WANT TO CHANGE.. At least not in the way you and those like you think it will....

Will this legislation actually do some good? maybe, maybe not... Is it even "legal"?(Constitutional)
    In what I understand of the Constitution, no................

But thinking you are a better "American" or "2nd Amendment advocate" or even "person" because you mail letters to, or call your CON-gressman... Is just crazy..... Do I think you are foolish and cannot do any good? Absolutely not, I actually commend you for your faith in the "system", more power to ya dude...

Now go away and stop bothering me.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast