House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit

I tend to agree with the concerns that this is the "camel's nose under the tent", but look at it from the viewpoint of a state w/ restrictive carry laws (Illinois, NY, etc). This can only make things better for them, right? Fear is, it may water down rights in my state (NH) so everyone can meet in the middle.

I don't know - we want uniform 2nd Amendment protections, but how do we get them? Another Constitutional amendment? Another Supreme court case? If Rowe v Wade can make something legal practically overnight, why can't Heller or McDonald?

What are we missing?

"California is a "may issue" state, (which means that only those VERY politically connected with lots and lots of money will ever be considered for a permit)."

Actually it varies from county to county which makes it even crazier. Some counties are virtually "shall issue", some are as you say, and others fall between the two. Not only does Kalifornia not follow the 2nd Amendment but it doesn't follow the 14th either.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

The NRA has said that they will not settle and will not continue to support the bill if any restrictions are placed on it that allow the Federal government to inactive things like a National Gun Registery. According to Rachel Parsons with the NRA ILA, this does not affect or change the rights of the states. It merely states that states that issue a permit must honor all permits issued by other states.

I am from California,

Amendments to what?

Quote Originally Posted by olsparky View Post
    Here is my question: If this bill was a threat to our rights in any fashion why would the NRA be soliciting our help to contact legislators to support this bill?

The answer is they wouldn't.
    OH MY GOODNESS..... How wrong could a person be? The NRA is one of the BIGGEST compromisers out there, and one of the MAIN reasons we have so many UnConstitutional gun laws to begin with.... ANY kind of "Gun Rights" organization that doesnt fight tooth and nail against ANY Legislation that makes ANY law about that which "Shall NOT be Infringed" is a f*king joke..... Period...

Now, to the discussion at hand.... Same thing, ANY law that has anything at all to do with firearms is UnConstitutional on its face, period, end of story... Deal with it...

If you consider yourself a 2nd Amendment advocate, WHY would you think this bill is anything other than ANOTHER law about that which CANNOT LEGALLY have a law about it in the first place? I am ashamed at some of you (not that you care). CON-gress has no authority at all in this matter, it goes against at least 2 of the amendments, if not more, and some of you want it to pass?????? WTF???? Wake up and STOP helping them (govt) take away our Rights.... my goodness, why do I even have to write this to you? I thought this was a "gun forum", not an compromisers forum....

NOT ONE MORE F"ING INCH.........

"place? I am ashamed at some of you (not that you care). CON-gress has no authority at all in this matter, it goes against at least 2 of the amendments, if not more, and some of you want it to pass?????? WTF???? Wake up and STOP helping them (govt) take away our Rights.... my goodness, why do I even have to write this to you? I thought this was a "gun forum", not an compromisers forum...."

Nice talk but divorced from reality. We didn't lose the 2nd Amendment all at once. We lost it little piece by little piece. We're not going to get it back all at once. We're going to have to take it back little piece by little piece, baby steps. This bill is a baby step in the right direction. We have to be realistic or we get nothing.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    "place? I am ashamed at some of you (not that you care). CON-gress has no authority at all in this matter, it goes against at least 2 of the amendments, if not more, and some of you want it to pass?????? WTF???? Wake up and STOP helping them (govt) take away our Rights.... my goodness, why do I even have to write this to you? I thought this was a "gun forum", not an compromisers forum...."

Nice talk but divorced from reality. We didn't lose the 2nd Amendment all at once. We lost it little piece by little piece. We're not going to get it back all at once. We're going to have to take it back little piece by little piece, baby steps. This bill is a baby step in the right direction. We have to be realistic or we get nothing.
    So, according to you....... infringing upon MORE RIGHTS is how we get our rights back???? Sorry, but you really need some professional help to bring you back to reality... Does your mother know you are on the computer again?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    So, according to you....... infringing upon MORE RIGHTS is how we get our rights back???? Sorry, but you really need some professional help to bring you back to reality... Does your mother know you are on the computer again?
    Exactly how would you realistically propose that we recover our Second Amendment Rights? And don't give the old saw that they are our rights and we should have them. Propose your plan on how to recover our rights in your world of reality.

Argument is mute as you cannot carry in a federal gun free zone unless you license is from the state that zone is in. Now concealed carry in all states that allow it and dropping GFZ for CC or open carry states works for me. Constitutional 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Infringing what "MORE RIGHTS"? Do you conduct all your discussions trying to make personal insults?
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast