House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: House considers bill for for all states to recognize your home state permit

OMG.... YOU (NRA)are one of the main reasons our Rights have been lost!!!!! The NRA is a bunch of compromisers, and have given up so much of our 2nd amendment rights they should be one of the Brady bunches favorite organizations!!!

IF you are actually serious about the 2nd amendment, at least work for an organization that actually stands up for it like GOA.......

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    OMG.... YOU (NRA)are one of the main reasons our Rights have been lost!!!!! The NRA is a bunch of compromisers, and have given up so much of our 2nd amendment rights they should be one of the Brady bunches favorite organizations!!!

IF you are actually serious about the 2nd amendment, at least work for an organization that actually stands up for it like GOA.......
    And the GOA has had so much success in.......Oh yeah, nowhere. Please point out where the GOA has been responsible for regaining Second Amendment Rights on their own efforts. I seriously would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    And the GOA has had so much success in.......Oh yeah, nowhere. Please point out where the GOA has been responsible for regaining Second Amendment Rights on their own efforts. I seriously would like to know.
    You have the right to continue to be ignorant, just dont try and say that you represent gun owners when you fight for your compromises... Fighting for a lie, no matter how nice it sounds is still fighting for a lie.......

You have the right to continue to be ignorant, just dont try and say that you represent gun owners when you fight for your compromises... Fighting for a lie, no matter how nice it sounds is still fighting for a lie.......
    I see, when you have nothing to add, you resort to name calling and untruths. Is that your plan to get back our gun rights. I am still waiting to see what you have done lately in that area.

Actually this whole issue is a replay of the Sen. Thune(R)Concealed Carry Reciprocipity,Bill before the Mid Term Elections. I was interested until a friend (in Gov. service) informed me about a month before the bill came up for a vote that a deal was already in the works for a bunch of Democratic Senators, up for reelection, with not so serling records regarding 2d Ammendment issues to vote FOR the bill (Harry Reid, Max Baucus, & ETC) and that enough Republican Senators had agreed to vote NO on the bill so it could not overcome the 60 vote threashold to overcome a filibuster. I expect something along the same line may be going on this time as well for the 2012 elections. Just keep an eye on how this turns out and who votes for it and who votes against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Fine rabbitcreekok.... please show us ANY "law" that the nra fought for that isnt an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights in one way or another.....
    Remember... ANY law that does not line up with the Constitution and BOR is an invalid or infringing "law".......

Fine rabbitcreekok.... please show us ANY "law" that the nra fought for that isnt an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights in one way or another.....
    Remember... ANY law that does not line up with the Constitution and BOR is an invalid or infringing "law".......
    No, I am still waiting for your plan to get back our Second Amendment Rights. I really would like to see it. I am not being antagonistic, I am open minded. I just hate to see groups who claim to be working for our Second Amendment rights fighting each other. What if we all got together and did not fight over stupid turf ideas and really tried to do something. I think only good things would happen, but I doubt that the groups will overcome the turf wars.

JMHO

OK

Friday, April 16, 2010

Today, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer (R) signed an important NRA-backed bill into law, which removes the licensure requirement for law-abiding citizens who choose to carry a concealed firearm in the state of Arizona. Senate Bill 1108 passed the state House on April 8, by a vote of 36-19 with five absent votes and the state Senate by a vote of 20-10 in late March.

“This is a major victory for gun owners in Arizona, and I would like to thank Governor Jan Brewer, as well as the primary bill sponsor, Senator Russell Pearce (R-Mesa), for their leadership in working to improve the self-defense rights of law-abiding citizens in Arizona," said Chris W. Cox, executive director of NRA-ILA. “Both Governor Brewer and state Senator Pearce have been strong supporters of the NRA. The NRA is also grateful to the legislators who voted for this measure making Arizona the third state in the nation behind Vermont and Alaska to offer its residents a constitutional carry option."

SB 1108 replaces Arizona’s former law, which required anyone who wished to defend themselves outside their home to possess a state-issued concealed carry permit. In Arizona’s constitution, Article 2, Section 26 states "the right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself or the state shall not be impaired…" The intention of this language could not be clearer.

Arizona residents will still be required to obtain a permit to carry concealed firearms across state lines in those states that have reciprocity agreements with Arizona.

"SB 1108 will enhance the rights of law-abiding Arizonans," concluded Cox.

The effective date for this bill has yet to be determined.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast