not sure where this post should go

Thread: not sure where this post should go

not sure where this post should go

I looked at the reciprocity info on this site for my UT non res permit and it says there that DC does honor it. However I saw on handgunlaws.us that DC does not honor anybody's permit and doesn't issue any. What gives?

3. District of Columbia

DC is not part of the USA. Hence District of Columbia.Utah Reciprocity / Recognition | Yelp hope this link helps.

Never mind, either I am going crazy or the mods went real quick and fixed it in the map on this forum. It now lists DC as NOT honoring the UT permit.

Quote Originally Posted by TT33 View Post
    DC is not part of the USA. Hence District of Columbia.Utah Reciprocity / Recognition | Yelp hope this link helps.
    And YES, DC is most certainly NOT part of the rest of the US, in many more ways then one.

Until the recent Heller Supreme Court decision, one needed a carry permit, which they basically did not issue, just to keep an unlocked and assembled firearm in one's home. Yikes!

I initially thought that this restriction was due to the District of Comumbia not being a state (US territories pretty much are all quite restrictive with firearms), but D.C. allows gay marriage, so I deduct that restrictive gun laws are a choice like anywhere else, not some territorial excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    And YES, DC is most certainly NOT part of the rest of the US, in many more ways then one.
    Now if I have ever seen one...Your reply IS loaded.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS