How would you handle this - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you handle this

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    But you bring up a great point, seeing as how she was a private citizen why did she yell "Police Officer" at the gun man(those are her own words!)
    I read this in an article in a major gun magazine a long time ago, so I can't take credit for it. When an armed civilian yells, "Police Officer! Freeze!" at a BG during an armed confrontation, he is actually calling out for help from a police officer and then issuing a separate command for the BG to freeze. It is NOT misrepresentation as an LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
    I read this in an article in a major gun magazine a long time ago, so I can't take credit for it. When an armed civilian yells, "Police Officer! Freeze!" at a BG during an armed confrontation, he is actually calling out for help from a police officer and then issuing a separate command for the BG to freeze. It is NOT misrepresentation as an LEO.
    That is a good point, but in this case she was. She yelled "Police officer,Freeze or I'll kill you" Police had still yet to arrive and she was inside a building with no officers around. In this case she was referring to her self as the "police office"

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

If she was a former police officer, with the amount of time she trained saying, "police officer, freeze" its probably engrained into her mind. We revert back to our training when shtf...while she shouldn't have said it in, I can understand why.

But you bring up a great point, seeing as how she was a private citizen why did she yell "Police Officer" at the gun man(those are her own words!)

She defaulted to her level of training
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

That is a good point, but in this case she was. She yelled "Police officer,Freeze or I'll kill you"Police had still yet to arrive and she was inside a building with no officers around. In this case she was referring to her self as the "police office"
    The police were on site before the first shot was fired. New Life Church (which I can see from my windw) runs about 10 thousand on an average Sunday. They hire off duty CSPD officers to do traffic control after service. There were uniformed officers in the parking lot when the shooting started
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    She defaulted to her level of training
    Nice appraisal of the situation.

From a purely tactical POV..... I rather doubt I'd say anything at all.

1) The perp is already clearly banging away. Intent is clear.

2) I want to take my best shot to stop the perp. (Don't want the perp trying to bring me into his sights when I'm trying to fire. Kinda rattles one's cage, if you get my drift.)

3) Objective: To stop him. Which means you drop him. Screw the "Queensbury rules of enguagement" crap.

There might be variations on this scenario, particularly if the perp has yet to open fire, but deliberately attracting the perps fire...... Ya GOTTA be nuts! (... or a church ninja! LOL!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Break his fingers!!!! WTF?

Similar situation happened to me once. I was amongst a group of guys who carry, and one in particular reached up from behind me and patted my right hip, saying "You packing today?" Instinctively I swept his arm away and turned to face him. I asked him what he thought he was doing. He immediately got all swelled up and laughed, saying "if I wanted that gun id have it in my hand right now." My only reply was "don't ever try anything like that again." I am thankful that in the few months since then, he has not. If it had been a stranger, he might have gotten a bit more than an arm sweep!

What pisses me off more than anything is this guy is LEO as well, and should know better. I walked away learning a few lessons from that moment. Not the least of which is that you can't be too careful who you let within arms reach, even those you think will or should know better than to fool around. He did cross a line, and my respect and trust are hard earned once lost.

11. You are correct, your colleague should know better. LEOs are taught to "protect their gun-side" for just that reason. Massad Ayoob also teaches that "concealed" means "concealed", and that we should take steps to ensure that no one can discover by accident, or in your friend's case, design that you are carrying. Today I hug differently, maintain "gun-side" awareness, and of course dress differently. Guns are different, and the safety features are as well. Miss-handling another's weapon can result in an unintentional discharge. Having said all that . . . the guy is a jerk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast