How would you handle this - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How would you handle this

1. Quote Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
    I read this in an article in a major gun magazine a long time ago, so I can't take credit for it. When an armed civilian yells, "Police Officer! Freeze!" at a BG during an armed confrontation, he is actually calling out for help from a police officer and then issuing a separate command for the BG to freeze. It is NOT misrepresentation as an LEO.
    The "two separate commands" logic is quite a stretch. The odds are you'd get jail-time for impersonating an officer.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    Similar situation happened to me once. I was amongst a group of guys who carry, and one in particular reached up from behind me and patted my right hip, saying "You packing today?" Instinctively I swept his arm away and turned to face him. I asked him what he thought he was doing. He immediately got all swelled up and laughed, saying "if I wanted that gun id have it in my hand right now." My only reply was "don't ever try anything like that again." I am thankful that in the few months since then, he has not. If it had been a stranger, he might have gotten a bit more than an arm sweep!

What pisses me off more than anything is this guy is LEO as well, and should know better. I walked away learning a few lessons from that moment. Not the least of which is that you can't be too careful who you let within arms reach, even those you think will or should know better than to fool around. He did cross a line, and my respect and trust are hard earned once lost.
    You are far, far nicer than I am.

The last person that tried that on me (also supposedly 'joking') ended up on the floor with their arm (wrist and fingers) bent in ways other than God intended. Once I recognized who it was, I decided to refrain from breaking things.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Youíre in the middle of a church service and youíre trying to maintain some level of concealment, you really canít just start wailing on the guy.

What would you do?
    I've already been labeled a smart-a$$, but I would never be in that position, because I don't attend church.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

He would have pulled back a blood stub!....Even if I knew him I would have gotten his attention....Some others have good advise on this so as not to disturb the guest...But I have no idea what his intentions are so I would see him as a threat and will treat him as such.

It doesn't matter if the gun was concealed or not. No one should ever reach for someone's gun or whatever else they have. If someone reaches for your gun your first reaction should be to prevent the person from achieving their goal anyway possible and then take appropriate action. Grabbing for someone's gun is no joking matter no matter how well you know them.

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You’re in the middle of a church service and you’re trying to maintain some level of concealment, you really can’t just start wailing on the guy.

What would you do?
    I've already been labeled a smart-a$$, but I would never be in that position, because I don't attend church.
    Maybe you should try it or start back whichever applies to you. Church is a very good place to fellowship with one another. I feel at peace when I attend church because during service it's me one to one with GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Your friend is not smart at all for grabbing the gun, but the guy that was concealed carrying is just as much at fault for doing an extremely poor job of concealing his gun in the first place.
    What? Accidents happen. Sometimes you print. Anybody that grabs for a holstered gun in ANY circumstance is a moron, and needs to be corrected. Immediatly!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234