How would you handle this
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you handle this

How would you handle this

First let me say that this story is second hand but I have no reason to doubt it.

My friend from church told me this weekend about an incident that occurred one Sunday when he was working in the sound booth. According to him he was training a new soundman when he noticed that the guy was carrying. He then told me that he reached over and grabbed the guy’s gun and asked is that what I think it is. He told me the trainee slapped his hand away and backed up and that he (my friend) then told him he had no objection to the trainee carrying.

The story is kinda weird to me because on the one hand I can’t imagine anyone being that “white”. When I add the fact that the trainee is a SF Medical Sgt w/ at least one combat tour it’s even less believable, but if I was going to go “white” anywhere I suppose it would be in the sound booth at church while I was totally focused on learning a new skill.

Be that as it may I believe it happened and I am certain my friend doesn’t realize how absolutely stupid his actions were and I’m even more certain he won’t” get it” if I tell him.

How would you handle such a situation? What would you do if someone was dicking around and grabbed your gun?

Before you answer remember

You semi know the guy that did it. This is not some random thug who is trying to steal your gun or attack you

You’re in the middle of a church service and you’re trying to maintain some level of concealment, you really can’t just start wailing on the guy.

What would you do?

Based on my knowledge of my friend I wouldn’t waste my time trying to explain why he was wrong, I Would ask him not to do it again and I would never put myself in that position again. Just as, after this weekend, I am going to be much more circumspect in what I share w/ him.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. Stick my finger in his face and tell him "don't you EVER do that again. Are you stupid or something"? Screw the service, this dude needs to know he could have been flattened. Then again, im the loud type.

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    Stick my finger in his face and tell him "don't you EVER do that again. Are you stupid or something"? Screw the service, this dude needs to know he could have been flattened. Then again, im the loud type.
    So, instead of the one guy you'd involve the entire congregation?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Since this is in the concealed carry section, my answer is the guy with the gun should have been concealing better.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Treo, since you are a third party to this incident and not one of the parties involved and are simply trying to help your friend, I might say something to him like, "Wow, I would (or "You should") never grab a person's gun, concealed or not! That's like grabbing a person's __________ (wallet, child, Johnson - whatever will shock your friend and make him think)!" This is a serious personal space issue and anyone that feels like they can invade others like that need to be corrected...hopefully by someone kind like friends and family before it gets ugly.

Were I the one that got grabbed, since the service was going on, I would have been extremely mad that he invaded my space and to keep from making a scene, I would've walked out very quietly - both to keep anything from developing and to show the grabber that he had stepped WAAAAY over the line with me. After the service, I would've returned to address the issue with Mr. Grabber when I was cooler and he had realized he had screwed up. It obviously must be addressed so he doesn't do it again with someone that may not be so understanding and the CC must also address why it was so easy to spot.

I would like to add that it is lucky for Mr. Grabber that the other person wasn't trained in Retention Techniques. Even though he had "gone White," the touch of someone on his weapon could have caused him to "Go Red" and secure his weapon, resulting in a broken arm or worse. This is often not conscious, but a sub-conscious reaction and happens in a fraction of a second as a result of training, and not due to an over-reaction or someone just wanting to be violent.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Agree with above that the grabber was out of line. As far as not carrying in a church. How many shootings have occurred in churches in the past?? I just heard today on the local news that there was an incident in Lakeland , Fl .

Lakeland ministers shot at church by former church deacon, police say | TBO.com

Anything can happen Anytime , anywhere!

Treo, this "friend" sounds truly clueless. You might invite him along to a course on gun safety.

Your friend is not smart at all for grabbing the gun, but the guy that was concealed carrying is just as much at fault for doing an extremely poor job of concealing his gun in the first place.

10. I'd say the "friend" is lucky he didn't get knocked flat IF the other guy was actually SF anything. Such an invasion of personal space even if the carrier imprudently let his weapon show would be grounds for serious physical contact.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Treo:230831
    Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    Stick my finger in his face and tell him "don't you EVER do that again. Are you stupid or something"? Screw the service, this dude needs to know he could have been flattened. Then again, im the loud type.
    So, instead of the one guy you'd involve the entire congregation?
    I would be as quiet as possible but I don't think I would wait til after the service. That's a tough question.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast