CCW Greyhound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW Greyhound

1. CCW Greyhound

I am planning a trip and considering taking the bus,I looked online and it says they prohibit firearms...but nothing I could find about ccw.Amtrak allows It. Anyone have any experience with them?

I've ridden Greyhound before and no firearms means no firearms, including for CCW. Some (but not all) Greyhound stations, particularly in large cities, do have security checkpoints that you'll need to pass through before boarding the bus. Unlike at airports, different bus stations have different security precautions, so you'll need to know what it's like at each different stop if you're going to pull it off successfully. Since you don't, I'd recommend just leaving your gun at home. You're better off just renting a car and driving yourself.

4. Greyhound is a private company, their buses are private property.

According to their site, they "have a zero tolerance for alcohol, drugs, weapons and unruly behavior."

They don't separate open carry from concealed carry. They state "no weapons." Heck, they even prohibit weapons in checked baggage. Finding their full list, you can't even check BB guns!

You won't be violating any "laws", only their private contract terms. So the worst they can do is kick you off and ban you, they can't have you arrested. (Assuming you comply with removal if confronted...)

Quote Originally Posted by Arh75 View Post
    I am planning a trip and considering taking the bus,I looked online and it says they prohibit firearms...but nothing I could find about ccw.Amtrak allows It. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Amtrak only allows transportation of unloaded firearms in locked containers, and you have to make arrangements 24 hours in advance so they can put locking lockers in the baggage car for the gun. Not exactly CCW, in my humble opinion. Greyhound does not allow firearms at all.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Thumbs up CCW Hounds

Not a Greyhound though.

"Service Animal"?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:231076

Not a Greyhound though.
    Do I need to take a picture of my greyhound pitbull open carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Do I need to take a picture of my greyhound pitbull open carrying?
    Yes please.............I have never seen one like yours...............
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Plus one on that.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    Oh boy, the things that could be said quoting that one out of context!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast