Beretta PX4 for CC - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 for CC

IMHO, you should get a Glock instead.

3. I just got in the mail yesterday a Whitehat Holster for the PX4 and extra kydex for my Bodyguard .380. I tried it out with my PX4, and it was pretty comfortable. It concealed well enough in my polo shirt and pants that my wife could not tell I was carrying. So far I like it. I did look at the N8 squared holsters, and I still may buy one to try and compare.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    IMHO, you should get a Glock instead.
    I thought those were called Glockenspiels, never heard one called a Glockinstead LOL. I for one am happy with the Beretta Px4 9MM, a very nice gun, that's why I got it!

Yea sounds like a great holster, but you can always try a Nate^2 tactical holster for in the future for the same or another gun. Click on the shopping cart and it gives you sizing chart for different guns

6. Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    I thought those were called Glockenspiels, never heard one called a Glockinstead LOL. I for one am happy with the Beretta Px4 9MM, a very nice gun, that's why I got it!
    I am VERY happy with my PX4 in 9mm. I owned a Glock 17 in the past, and had a weird problem with it. It would break off the tabs on my magazine followers so they would no longer hold the slide open. I shot that gun a lot and got really good at malfunctions, but it was crazy! I ended up selling it it was so annoying. The PX4 shoots way smoother and handles the recoil better with the rotating barrel, IMHO, the Beretta is superior to the Glock 17 I owned. It is also better than the Glock 22 I owned. KEyed word owned, I ended up selling all of them. I am possibly looking at a Glock 27 or 26 to try out. Can never have enough guns! :)

7. Quote Originally Posted by beachbum17 View Post
    Yea sounds like a great holster, but you can always try a Nate^2 tactical holster for in the future for the same or another gun. Click on the shopping cart and it gives you sizing chart for different guns
    Actually I was looking at their site today. I like the professional model, but they don't make that one for the PX4 yet. I will send them an email tomorrow maybe and see if they are planning to.

8. Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    I also have a 9mm Px4 Beretta (full size), and took advantage of Beretta's free poly holster offer, which is a very good carry (snaps into and out of it pretty easily). For this particular holster, it seems to work best as either middle of the back, or 4 o'clock position, but then that tends to be whatever you personally find to be most comfortable. That said, my usual carry weapon is a Taurus .357 Magnum w/ 2" barrel. I agree the Px4 is a great firearm, feels great and is one I'm proud to have in my collection. I'm just needing the additional firepower as a camper/hiker/backpacker, and bears have no sense of humor. I'm also trying to figure the best holster for a newer buy, as I just got a Ruger GP100 (also in .357 Magnum, 4" barrel). Will probably go with a fanny pack holster for the woods on this one..

I carry my PX4 F .40 all the time in a holster I crafted. (couldn't find one to fit my gun with laser attached)

(As for bears, we have had a few wander through here but I hope I have much bigger fire power than a 357 (or even my Model 29, for that matter) if one should ever catch me by surprise. Like you said, bears have no sense of humor.)

I change my carry gun as it suits me. I have a PX4 that I grab every now and then in the house. When it becomes too heavy to carry, I change to my Glock 23. No sweat.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

IGood luck with the Whitehat holster. I have one and love it. Every now and then I switch from my LC9 to my Beretta 96. I carry the 96 in a Whitehat with no issues as long as I dress accordingly.

11. Quote Originally Posted by blkcheech View Post
    I am VERY happy with my PX4 in 9mm. I owned a Glock 17 in the past, and had a weird problem with it. It would break off the tabs on my magazine followers so they would no longer hold the slide open. I shot that gun a lot and got really good at malfunctions, but it was crazy! I ended up selling it it was so annoying. The PX4 shoots way smoother and handles the recoil better with the rotating barrel, IMHO, the Beretta is superior to the Glock 17 I owned. It is also better than the Glock 22 I owned. KEyed word owned, I ended up selling all of them. I am possibly looking at a Glock 27 or 26 to try out. Can never have enough guns! :)
    Which PX4 do you have? Mine is the "F" Double/Single action. I've tried the Double action only models and I didn't like them any more than I like any DAO (like all Glocks) handgun. If Glock ever does come out with a double/single action model, I will give it more than a fair chance at winning me over because I do know they make fine weapons. (despite the fact I think they are butt-ugly! LOL!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast