CC Permit from FLA - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC Permit from FLA

1. once you get a Fla permit ,if you get it. It show that one of the most aggressive background checks in the country has been run on you.. crossed with FBI DEA and Treasury In Fla. They wanna make sure you are not a criminal.. but even with all of this .. one can get through the cracks once in a blue moon

That's the reply I was hoping to get. Thank you very much for the clarification.

That means that as a Texas resident I can get a non resident permit from an other state such as Utah. South Carolina will not recognize the Utah permit because I an not a resident of Utah. You stated that South Carolina does honor a permit of a Florida resident. There could be a non resident Florida license holder.

5. Been following the discussion because I am trying to decide between Utah and AZ.

You should always get the non resident licence instead of relying on reciprocity. Federal law prohibits anyone with a firearm to be within 1000' of a school zone, unless you have licence issued by that state. Imagine trying to circle around all the schools to get to where you are going, expecialy if you dont live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes12 View Post
    Been following the discussion because I am trying to decide between Utah and AZ.
    go with both...they don't have the exact same coverage.

8. Please do not refer to a Florida CWFL [Concealed Weapon or Firearm License] as a "permit". Sorry to be a "nit picker"; but it's like interchanging "Mag" and "Clip".
    Have a nice day.
    GH

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Host View Post
    Please do not refer to a Florida CWFL [Concealed Weapon or Firearm License] as a "permit". Sorry to be a "nit picker"; but it's like interchanging "Mag" and "Clip".
    Have a nice day.
    GH
    Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

And when you post on the internet, do not keep on growling like kelcarry and wooddoctor, for they think that they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, instead post useful information for other gunowners, and you too will receive useful information on firearms.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Ok, is it just me or is it... Oh never mind.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Host View Post
    but it's like interchanging "Mag" and "Clip".
    You might want to study some firearm history:

NRA-ILA :: Firearms Glossary

CLIP
    A device for holding a group of cartridges. Semantic wars have been fought over the word, with some insisting it is not a synonym for "detachable magazine." For 80 years, however, it has been so used by manufacturers and the military. There is no argument that it can also mean a separate device for holding and transferring a group of cartridges to a fixed or detachable magazine or as a device inserted with cartridges into the mechanism of a firearm becoming, in effect, part of that mechanism.
    AND from Remington:

Rimfire Magazines Clips - Rifle Magazine Clips - Gun Parts

Model 597™ Magazine Clip
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12