Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 11

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Firefighter-
    "I believe in most cases, where a violent act is committed with a firearm, or a threat is committed with a firearm, the firearm has to be revealed, Taxi or cop, period. How does it change between the two?"

When using a gun against a LEO, you dont tell them, "Sir, I have a concealed gun by my right hand that I am about to attempt to murder you with". If you wanted to use it against them, you would pull it out and shoot, or not reveal it by using it when their back is turned.
    When using a gun against a taxi driver you say "I have a gun and if you dont do what I want then I am going to use it against you".

That is the difference. As to the rest of your post, I dont quite feel like picking apart all the trolling you and the other pro-open carriers are doing in the concealed carry forums rights now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:234249
    Firefighter-
    "I believe in most cases, where a violent act is committed with a firearm, or a threat is committed with a firearm, the firearm has to be revealed, Taxi or cop, period. How does it change between the two?"

When using a gun against a LEO, you dont tell them, "Sir, I have a concealed gun by my right hand that I am about to attempt to murder you with". If you wanted to use it against them, you would pull it out and shoot, or not reveal it by using it when their back is turned.
    When using a gun against a taxi driver you say "I have a gun and if you dont do what I want then I am going to use it against you".

That is the difference. As to the rest of your post, I dont quite feel like picking apart all the trolling you and the other pro-open carriers are doing in the concealed carry forums rights now.
    Lol so going into the other forums equals troll? First, Android doesn't show which forum I am in. Second, I guess that makes every concealed carrier who posted in the open carry section a troll as well, including you. I should make a troll list based on that criteria, like the complete fools list based on b2's criteria...I think troll list will definitely be bigger...

When using a gun against an Leo, its to escape conviction. In that case, its pretty obvious to the Leo when a firearm is drawn, since it will only be hidden as long as a robber would hide their firearm during a robbery. Unless you are talking about the rare occurrence a police officer is targeted for murder, then yes the Leo would probably never see it coming.

When a taxi driver is robbed, I think it goes either like this 1.) Give me your money., then bang bang and/or run away 2.) Bang bang, takes the money. What about the not as rare occurrence of murdering a taxi driver without any thought of robbery. Then its also just bang bang run away. And the taxi driver would probably never see it coming in that case either.

If you can't take a little opposition, that's cool. Have a good day.

4. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Here's a good question to mull over. Since being a hotel desk attendant is probably a more dangerous, and lower paid job than law enforcement, do you inform the front desk when checking into a hotel that you have a CCW permit?
    'Blankity blank blank' hell no! Why on earth should I? There's no law saying I should and it's nobody else'e beeswax!!!! Mull it over??? Not even for a second!!! Of course, you do as you want.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Lol 50...you should of put it more like this..

In the state of WA, is it a good thing to inform the hotel that I have a ccw? I don't want to surprise anyone when I walk to the pool in my Speedo with my Lcp concealed...since it might print a little....
    LOL!!! If I walked into the pool area in a speedo with an lcp concealed, the gun is the last thing they're going to notice or fret about! (darn scary thought, is why you'd never see me in a speedo heading for the hotel pool!)

The less people that knowthe better. No need to inform them,same as going anywhere else. No need to let anyone else know other than you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by ASC1WBullock View Post
    You might as well go ahead and every time you walk into Wal-Mart, fastfood places, the shopping mall and almost every where else you go ask or announce you have a weapon on you.
    Now that's the spirit!

I don't worry about saying anything, I just wear my CCW sash.
    DSM Safety Products, for Law Enforcement, Concealed Carry Licenses and Security Personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    DSM Safety Products, for Law Enforcement, Concealed Carry Licenses and Security Personnel.
    Err, yeah, about that ... it's not a sash ...

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Maybe you should try a CCW Mask, because concealed means concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Maybe you should try a CCW Mask, because concealed means concealed.
    And maybe you should at least understand an item before you mock it.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast