Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 12

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    And maybe you should at least understand an item before you mock it.
    I don't want to be a jerk but I understand the item completely & I STILL mock it
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I don't want to be a jerk but I understand the item completely & I STILL mock it
    That's called practicing demockracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I have no beef with that then.

5. I'll call the front desk of the hotel asking if firearms are allowed in the hotel a week before booking online or on the phone. If there is a policy against firearms, I'll take my money somewhere else. I have yet to call a motel or hotel that prohibited firearms.

I will only let the front desk clerk know is if I have to store any firearms at the hotel, but I will check beforehand to see if they have a safe. I've only did this once for my rifles, and it went very smooth. I don't expect it to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    I'll call the front desk of the hotel asking if firearms are allowed in the hotel a week before booking online or on the phone. If there is a policy against firearms, I'll take my money somewhere else. I have yet to call a motel or hotel that prohibited firearms.

I will only let the front desk clerk know is if I have to store any firearms at the hotel, but I will check beforehand to see if they have a safe. I've only did this once for my rifles, and it went very smooth. I don't expect it to happen again.
    I do not know about your Castle law in Oregon but here in MO, even the motel/hotel you are in and also your car is included in the Castle doctrine.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I do not know about your Castle law in Oregon but here in MO, even the motel/hotel you are in and also your car is included in the Castle doctrine.
    In some states if you are out camping, your tent is covered under the Castle doctrine.

If you are carrying where you can legally carry and you announce you may have a serious problem, in TX only a licensed police officer magistrate may ask or see your license everone else is so long.

Concealed means concealed.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I have yet to rent a motel or hotel room in Oregon since over the age of 21, and all my bookings have been in different states.

Here is how I look at it:

1) I don't want to spend money where I'm not welcomed because of my views. Note - I do not mention I'm a police officer to the hotel.
    2) I don't want to risk a trespass charge (whether legitimate or not) for violating a hotel's policy.
    3) I respect property owner's rights to make those decisions, even if they are wrong. I also respect someone turned away to share their experience, as long as it's not slander or liable.
    4) I do not feel comfortable with the state criminal justice system that I'm not a resident in. I feel out of my element, and when you travel on short notice it can be daunting.
    5) I don't want to risk an additional charge such as menacing (whether legitimate or not) for carrying a gun, or for instance in the State of Oregon if you are trespassing and have firearms it's enhanced charge.

Thats my question?, why would anyone mention this?, the only People that I would notify is LEO's, it law here in NV

hmmm, do the bad guys inform the front desk if there packen?......

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast