Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 13

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Jarman View Post
    Thats my question?, why would anyone mention this?, the only People that I would notify is LEO's, it law here in NV
    Would you please STOP spreading false information about Nevada gun laws? There is no requirement to notify police if you are carrying a firearm. If you think there is, I challenge you to show us the law that requires it.

Quote Originally Posted by sig p6 View Post
    hmmm, do the bad guys inform the front desk if there packen?......
    Bad guys don't inform police officers if "there packen" either.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Seriously. Is this thread still going?

Quote Originally Posted by LS-208 View Post
    Yes, obviously it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LS-208 View Post
    Yes. It sort remind some people not to start another similar thread. But then, I love repeats in their second or third version -- it is very entertaining to say the least.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

I also inform Brownies and Boy Scouts I am carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by defender829:240402
    That's just creepy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by LS-208 View Post

Amazing. The dumbest question I've ever seen posted in these forums. What kind of idiot 'informs' *anyone* they are carrying (with the exception of LEO where required by law)? Except for those leo (only where required), it's nobody else's blankity-blank business!
    Now, on the other hand, if my state had an open carry law, instead of my concealed PX4 F I'd be carrying my trusty Model 29 and a few speed loaders just for the shock factor alone.

Quote Originally Posted by cougaram View Post
    Amazing. The dumbest question I've ever seen posted in these forums. What kind of idiot 'informs' *anyone* they are carrying (with the exception of LEO where required by law)? Except for those leo (only where required), it's nobody else's blankity-blank business!
    That's the point.

10. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Nope. And I don't tell cops I am carrying or have a CPL either. Reason is, I just want to go home safe to my family at night, whether it is from a traffic ticket on the way to/from work, or checking into a hotel on vacation. Telling a cop about my CPL/gun or telling a desk clerk about my CPL/gun is more likely than not going to delay the achievement of that goal.
    Why would you not inform a cop while getting a traffic ticket? In the academy, cops watch video after video of other cops walking up to vehicles and being shot in the face. They walk up to your car with their hand on their gun for a reason...they have NO IDEA if your crazy or what. You really wanna find out what happens if you reach for your wallet and they catch a glimpse of a gun on your waistband. Your return home might be a little more than "delayed". My life is more important to me than making it home 10 min earlier. Then again, in SC you're legally obligated to inform.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds:240403
    Quote Originally Posted by defender829:240402
    That's just creepy.
    Horrors! I was making fun of peoples's excessive fear of those of us in uniform.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast