Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 14

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Quote Originally Posted by SCresERVOIR:240624
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Nope. And I don't tell cops I am carrying or have a CPL either. Reason is, I just want to go home safe to my family at night, whether it is from a traffic ticket on the way to/from work, or checking into a hotel on vacation. Telling a cop about my CPL/gun or telling a desk clerk about my CPL/gun is more likely than not going to delay the achievement of that goal.
    Why would you not inform a cop while getting a traffic ticket? In the academy, cops watch video after video of other cops walking up to vehicles and being shot in the face. They walk up to your car with their hand on their gun for a reason...they have NO IDEA if your crazy or what. You really wanna find out what happens if you reach for your wallet and they catch a glimpse of a gun on your waistband. Your return home might be a little more than "delayed". My life is more important to me than making it home 10 min earlier. Then again, in SC you're legally obligated to inform.
    I don't inform because of officers you just described, crazy ones.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I don't inform because of officers you just described, crazy ones.
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by defender829 View Post
    Horrors! I was making fun of peoples's excessive fear of those of us in uniform.
    I am seriously confused. Are you for or against informing police when not required to by law during routine situations such as traffic stops?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Absolutley not why would I. The guy/gal at the front desk doesn't need to be fear me so, why would I start a panic.

6. Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Absolutley not why would I. The guy/gal at the front desk doesn't need to be fear me so, why would I start a panic.
    Hmmmm... the exact same reason not to inform police....

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I must be paranoid. I have had two traffic stops (one speeding, one expired plate. I know, i know...) and both times i stated my CCW status and they could each not care less. One Omaha cop and one county sheriff. We have "notify" law here in NE and I'm paranoid I'll get popped for not telling. In working 911 dispatch for a short time, i know that cop knows if you have a permit to carry before he/he gets out of thier vehicle whether or not you divulge. Not that it would come up every time, but I'm waiting for the precidence to be set by a cop asking if the driver is carrying, say's "no" and the cop feels probable cause to search and...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Why the hell would you??? I travel (road warrior) often and always make sure they have an in-room safe, so I can store my handgun in a safe place, while I hit the pool.

The thought has never even cross my mind. If I wanted every one to know I would just open carry.

10. I agree with tin can, I wouldn't tell anyone, it stays concealed until the need arises!

Tin and Kevin, if you are not required by law to notify, would you tell an Leo?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast