Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 15

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

    1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

    7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

    229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

    2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

    1 0.42%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 181

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Why on earth would you tell a total stranger, to whom you have no legal responsibility, that you're armed?

    I don't like having to inform cops (in Ohio). There's certainly no duty to tell some private citizen.

    If it's a CPZ, you shouldn't have the gun there in the first place. If it's not, it's literally none of their business.

    Would you tell the counter person at Mcdonalds?

  2.   
  3. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by SCresERVOIR View Post
    Why would you not inform a cop while getting a traffic ticket?
    Because unless it's a statutory requirement, it's NONE OF HIS BUSINESS.

    If I don't intend to shoot the cop, I'm not going to do it, notification or not.
    If I do intend to shoot him, no notification requirement is going to stop me.

    We're probably going to get rid of mandatory notification in Ohio because of abuse by cops, first in Beachwood, now famously in Canton.

    Any cop who doesn't assume that EVERYBODY he stops COULD be armed AND intends to shoot him is clearly too stupid for the job.

  4. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Tin and Kevin, if you are not required by law to notify, would you tell an Leo?
    Under what circumstances? I sure didn't mention it to the 2 cops at the fast food place today. In a traffic stop or some other formal contact I probably would if the circumstances dictated, but the question I was answering was whether I would inform a hotel employee, which is far different from a formal encounter with a peace officer.

  5. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can Sailor:241369
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Tin and Kevin, if you are not required by law to notify, would you tell an Leo?
    Under what circumstances? I sure didn't mention it to the 2 cops at the fast food place today. In a traffic stop or some other formal contact I probably would if the circumstances dictated, but the question I was answering was whether I would inform a hotel employee, which is far different from a formal encounter with a peace officer.
    Good answer. Since there are an abundance of reasons you could be involved in an encounter with a law enforcement officer, what circumstances would it take for you to notify? In those circumstances, why would you choose to do so?

    In your opinion, what's the difference between a formal encounter with an Leo and a formal encounter with a hotel employee?

  6. #145
    Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

    Let's rephrase that:

    Do you notify anyone (other than the police, and them only if required) that you have a CCW Permit?

    NO.

  7. Sandwich signs

    For all of you who actually would inform that hotel clerk, why don't you just go ahead and strap a sandwich sign over your shoulders stating the fact you are carrying? WTH is this thread still running? LOCK PLEASE????

  8. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by defender829 View Post
    Horrors! I was making fun of peoples's excessive fear of those of us in uniform.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by cougaram View Post
    WTH is this thread still running?
    Because people keep responding to it?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR:240767
    Quote Originally Posted by defender829 View Post
    Horrors! I was making fun of peoples's excessive fear of those of us in uniform.
    I am seriously confused. Are you for or against informing police when not required to by law during routine situations such as traffic stops?
    Against, NavyLCDR. Notifying when not required by law unnecessarily complicates the situation. I do believe in having the pistol permit at your fingertips, ready to be shown if your weapons are about to be discovered, or if you are asked to exit the vehicle, or are asked if weapons are in your possession. Otherwise, I think it is silly to notify if it is not required by law.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by defender829 View Post
    Against, NavyLCDR. Notifying when not required by law unnecessarily complicates the situation. I do believe in having the pistol permit at your fingertips, ready to be shown if your weapons are about to be discovered, or if you are asked to exit the vehicle, or are asked if weapons are in your possession. Otherwise, I think it is silly to notify if it is not required by law.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast