Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 16

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Because people keep responding to it?
    Exactly, NavyLCDR.

3. Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Good God no ! Why would I do that ?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Good God no ! Why would I do that ?
    Because:

Quote Originally Posted by RRobaldo View Post
    Also, I view it as a courtesy to the LEO. It's far better that he find out up front, than to have them accidentally see it and "freak out".

I know and understand that there are differing schools of thought on this, but I for one believe that by far most officers are upright and deserve to be treated with respect.
    It could be viewed as a courtesy to the front desk clerk. It is far better that the front desk clerk find out up front then to have them accidentally see it and "freak out". I for one believe that by far most front desk clerks are upright, just want to go home safe to their families at the end of their shift, and deserve to be treated with respect.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Well wouldn't that apply to anyone then anywhere then ? Just how long are you going to be in front of this desk clerk doing what sort of movements ? If your carry rig is that apt to show getting things out your pocket then before you go in have the items you need to check in already in your hand or some shirt of jacket pocket.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Well wouldn't that apply to anyone then anywhere then ? Just how long are you going to be in front of this desk clerk doing what sort of movements ? If your carry rig is that apt to show getting things out your pocket then before you go in have the items you need to check in already in your hand or some shirt of jacket pocket.
    Just how long are you going to be on the side of the road with a LEO for a traffic stop doing what sort of movements? If your carry rig is that apt to show getting things out of your pocket, then before you pull over, have the the items you need to give to the officer already in your hand, or in a visor pocket.

My point is, I don't feel the need to treat a police officer differently than a hotel clerk or taxi cab driver like some people do, especially in regards to my lawfully possessed and carried firearm, unless it is required to do so by law.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    This thread is still alive, we are still posting! I know this is true because YOU are reading this right now!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Blog Entries
    Nope. Never had to, never will.

I practice the NUNYAH approach....Nun Ya Bizness
    Dave
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense
    www.safeinrochester.com

In Texas, only a peace officer or judge can ask for you license, if you notify anyone else you might be BRANDSHING

I honestly can't think of any reason why I would.

Quote Originally Posted by cch35 View Post
    I honestly can't think of any reason why I would.
    Not even if it's just an excuse to flash your CCW Badge.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast