Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Doesnt really matter if its a motel or what. Its really nobody else business if Im packin. It wont affect them unless they want to get stupid. Till then, Im just another tennant.

That's why it is concealed carry, not announce to everyone you have a gun carry

4. Nope. And I don't tell cops I am carrying or have a CPL either. Reason is, I just want to go home safe to my family at night, whether it is from a traffic ticket on the way to/from work, or checking into a hotel on vacation. Telling a cop about my CPL/gun or telling a desk clerk about my CPL/gun is more likely than not going to delay the achievement of that goal.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

No way!

In 2010 I stayed at a hotel in MD to attend my graduation awards banquet. To my suprise when I returned to my room after the event several items were missing! Okay so I called the front desk to see if the cleaning lady "Picked them up by mistake" when the night manager at what I thought was a nice hotel or at least it cost as much as a nice hotel stated......."Well how do we know that you chrcked into the hotel with those ITEMS?" Needless to say I flipped if my wife haf not been there my large hands would have been wrapped around her neck...I am very lucky I kept my g19 LOCKED IN MY BRIEF CASE AND TRUNK WHILE I WAS AT THE EVENT!

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:232515
    Here's a good question to mull over. Since being a hotel desk attendant is probably a more dangerous, and lower paid job than law enforcement, do you inform the front desk when checking into a hotel that you have a CCW permit?
    No I don't. I have stayed at several hotels since I started carrying and have never informed the clerk

In MO your hotel room is considered your "house" though temporary it may be. If I do inform the hotel clerk as I am checking in, I might as well inform all my "neighbours" too that I am packing. Naaaahhhhh!!!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

The only time I would say anything to the clerk is if I am at a convention and am staying for a few days.
    And only if I am putting my pistol in a hotel lock box and I have the key to it.

9. In your case I'm sure they would figure it out by the ccw badge and chain you wear around your neck.

Silly question, IMHO. Not no, but HELL NO! LEO's only, and then, only if required.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

11. Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Silly question, IMHO. Not no, but HELL NO! LEO's only, and then, only if required.
    There are a lot of people who believe you should notify LEO immediately, whether or not required. How many people who say hell no to the front desk clerk or taxi driver say yes to immediately informing a police officer, even when not required to do so by law?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast