Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

You don't need to say anything as long as your wearing this:
    DSM Safety Products, for Law Enforcement, Concealed Carry Licenses and Security Personnel.

I'm relieved to see that only one person said yes in the poll. Why in the world would I tell the front desk I have a CPL or a handgun. As long as I am within the law it's none of their business.

I'm constantly amazed that people want to tell the world they are CONCEALED carrying.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

Adding to my earlier post, that I would not tell anyone that I Conceal Carry. Today my father, and I had to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles to renew my dads Drivers License.

As we stood in line waiting our turn,I noticed a guy standing in the corner with paperwork in hand. The strange part was, he was resting his hand on his weapon just like a cowboy does, and part of his weapon was exposed. After we were done I proceeded over to the Gentlemen and advised him that his weapon was exposed, and allot of people were starring at him.

He words to me were, That I should mind my own business. I again advised him that it was against New York State Law, to Brandish his weapon.He then said to me, I want everyone to know I'm Packing.

This is the type of guy, who gives us legally Armed Citizens a bad name. So instead of Creating any further problems I walked away. I'm hoping that one of the DMV workers called the LEO's on him.

How this guy ever got a Pistol Permit is beyond me.

I love these threads! You get some real good answers, some S.A. answers and some really long drawn out explanations.

NO!

Psalm 82:3-5

Here we go again with the confusion between cops and non-cops. For those of you that cannot tell the difference between a law enforcement officer and a non-law enforcement officer, at least look it up on the internet or ask a person with a brain.

"Well if you tell cops then why dont you tell taxi drivers or the front desk?" Gee I wonder. Perhaps the job of a hotel employee is to take my money and give me the key to my room, while the job of a cop is to enforce the law, and in doing so, some people may find it respectful to notify the cop about their firearm. "Well then why dont you be respectful and notify the taxi driver?" Gee lets see here, I also dont tell taxi drivers about my arrest record or where I live, or if I have drugs or anything illegal on me.

As to the question of why would we notify cops when not required by law: I also do a lot of things that are not required by law. One time I even notified the police of a car accident when I could have continued driving, after all, it wasnt required by law but I did so anyway. I've also notified police about things like fights, which I am not required by law to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Here we go again with the confusion between cops and non-cops. For those of you that cannot tell the difference between a law enforcement officer and a non-law enforcement officer, at least look it up on the internet or ask a person with a brain.

"Well if you tell cops then why dont you tell taxi drivers or the front desk?" Gee I wonder. Perhaps the job of a hotel employee is to take my money and give me the key to my room, while the job of a cop is to enforce the law, and in doing so, some people may find it respectful to notify the cop about their firearm. "Well then why dont you be respectful and notify the taxi driver?" Gee lets see here, I also dont tell taxi drivers about my arrest record or where I live, or if I have drugs or anything illegal on me.

As to the question of why would we notify cops when not required by law: I also do a lot of things that are not required by law. One time I even notified the police of a car accident when I could have continued driving, after all, it wasnt required by law but I did so anyway. I've also notified police about things like fights, which I am not required by law to do.
    You tell cops that you have drugs and other illegal stuff on you?

I'm an Assistant General Manager at a hotel. If you would walk up to me and say that I would say "OK, do you want a cookie?". My boss might call the cops. Lesson here- have a coke and a smile and STFU!!!! Like your pen-is size (or breast size ladies) I don't care if you have a concealed firearm. And what I don't know doesn't concern me.

10. I would never tell someone at the front desk of a hotel. It's really none of their business. "Here's my vehicle information thanks for the key, have good night, see you in the morning for my bagel and coffee".

That's about all I would say.

11. the more i think about it, i would not. kinda thought about having the front desk informed so if someone saw the gun and got worried, the hotel would know i have a ccw. however, i would have it on me and if approached about it, i could show it. wish i could change my answer.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast