Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

1. Well, Gee, we've generated three whole pages already!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    There are a lot of people who believe you should notify LEO immediately, whether or not required. How many people who say hell no to the front desk clerk or taxi driver say yes to immediately informing a police officer, even when not required to do so by law?
    This is America, they can make up their own minds. I think that is unwise to add stress to a cop who may or may not be a 2nd amendment fan.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Thumbs up You need a CCW Mask and CCW Cape too.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    You don't need to say anything as long as your wearing this:
    DSM Safety Products, for Law Enforcement, Concealed Carry Licenses and Security Personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    You tell cops that you have drugs and other illegal stuff on you?
    Apparently so. I guess he needs to watch the "don't talk to police without a lawyer present" video.

There are a lot of people who believe you should notify LEO immediately, whether or not required. How many people who say hell no to the front desk clerk or taxi driver say yes to immediately informing a police officer, even when not required to do so by law?
    You are getting very close to one of the important points of this and the Taxi-driver thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Here we go again with the confusion between cops and non-cops. For those of you that cannot tell the difference between a law enforcement officer and a non-law enforcement officer, at least look it up on the internet or ask a person with a brain.
    Police officers are no different than ordinary citizens. There are not subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice and thus are classified as civilians. Some people are ordinary law abiding citizens, just like some cops are law abiding cops. But there is always the chance that the taxi-driver or the cop or the pizza man or the hotel night auditor is of lesser character.

"Well if you tell cops then why dont you tell taxi drivers or the front desk?" Gee I wonder.
    The logic is the same in each situation. Do you want them to feel at ease, or show "respect for their position of authority"?

I am not going to quote the rest of your post because it is the same tired logic of cops deserve more respect than everyone else because they are elite super-duper sheepdogs. There are two types of cops, those that view their job as a job like any other, and those that become cops so that they can ask people like you to wipe the dung off their boots.

Now why would I want to do that? There's already enough posted areas where I can't carry anyway, why would I create the hassle of possibly being told I can't carry by pointing it out unnecessarily?

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Now why would I want to do that? There's already enough posted areas where I can't carry anyway, why would I create the hassle of possibly being told I can't carry by pointing it out unnecessarily?
    I like your answer!! Soon, the only place you'll be allowed to carry is outside in your driveway! The list of restictive areas is a total hassel!! IMHO!!
    I will look towards the hills from whense cometh my help. All my help cometh from the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:232651
    You are getting very close to one of the important points of this and the Taxi-driver thread.

Here we go again with the confusion between cops and non-cops. For those of you that cannot tell the difference between a law enforcement officer and a non-law enforcement officer, at least look it up on the internet or ask a person with a brain.
    Police officers are no different than ordinary citizens. There are not subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice and thus are classified as civilians. Some people are ordinary law abiding citizens, just like some cops are law abiding cops. But there is always the chance that the taxi-driver or the cop or the pizza man or the hotel night auditor is of lesser character.

"Well if you tell cops then why dont you tell taxi drivers or the front desk?" Gee I wonder.
    The logic is the same in each situation. Do you want them to feel at ease, or show "respect for their position of authority"?

I am not going to quote the rest of your post because it is the same tired logic of cops deserve more respect than everyone else because they are elite super-duper sheepdogs. There are two types of cops, those that view their job as a job like any other, and those that become cops so that they can ask people like you to wipe the dung off their boots.
    I find that statement uneducated, you have a right to your opinion on LEO, however to compare civilians to LEO, is not even in the same league, due to the fact, if you witness a crime in progress (ex. Robbery, theft,assault, murder), you do not have the "duty" to act, however LEO is required by the law and oath to take a react.

"Well then why dont you be respectful and notify the taxi driver?" Gee lets see here, I also dont tell taxi drivers about my arrest record or where I live, or if I have drugs or anything illegal on me.
    I wouldn't tell the cop any of that either
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Apparently so. I guess he needs to watch the "don't talk to police without a lawyer present" video.
    Apparently you do too. That video says nothing about talking to thr police W/ a lawyer present. It says don't talk to the police period
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast