Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    OK, so is this thread really an attempt at humor? Good stuff G50AE, very funny!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

What's wrong with this jag off?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    You tell cops that you have drugs and other illegal stuff on you?
    Didn't your mom tell you that honesty is the best policy?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You are getting very close to one of the important points of this and the Taxi-driver thread.

Police officers are no different than ordinary citizens. There are not subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice and thus are classified as civilians. Some people are ordinary law abiding citizens, just like some cops are law abiding cops. But there is always the chance that the taxi-driver or the cop or the pizza man or the hotel night auditor is of lesser character.

The logic is the same in each situation. Do you want them to feel at ease, or show "respect for their position of authority"?

I am not going to quote the rest of your post because it is the same tired logic of cops deserve more respect than everyone else because they are elite super-duper sheepdogs. There are two types of cops, those that view their job as a job like any other, and those that become cops so that they can ask people like you to wipe the dung off their boots.
    You dont seem to know much about police. Police are different than ordinary citizens. Police are given powers that you and me do not have. Can you carry your gun into a school? Police are also recognized as different in the law. They are regarded as peace officers and do not fall into the category of everyone else. They have duties they are required by law to do. You do not have duties required by law. There are also special criminal charges for attacking or lying or getting into the way of a police officer that do not apply to citizens.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    I find that statement uneducated, you have a right to your opinion on LEO, however to compare civilians to LEO, is not even in the same league, due to the fact, if you witness a crime in progress (ex. Robbery, theft,assault, murder), you do not have the "duty" to act, however LEO is required by the law and oath to take a react.
    Ummm.... no. LEO is required by the job that they chose to take to react. Taxi drivers are required by the job they chose to take to be exposed to 4x the danger of getting shot and killed on the job than a cop is. So, if our lawfully carried guns are such a danger to cops that we feel the need to tell them about our guns and our licenses on first contact, "to reduce their stress", "out of courtesy", "to make them feel at ease".... than why not notify the taxi driver, or the hotel clerk for exactly the same reasons?

It appears as if the people who say YES to cops and NO to hotel clerks and taxi drivers are not informing cops for the benefit of the cop. Otherwise, why the hesitation to tell those in professions more likely to get shot? It looks like those people are telling cops in order to make themselves have a better image, to prove their innocence, to get out of a ticket and possibly for some to add a little spit shine to the boot or polish to the badge.

I carry a gun for self-protection. I don't carry my gun to score points with anyone (other than my family). If a hotel clerk, or a taxi driver, or a cop wants to see if I am carrying a gun, they can look on my belt and see it, and if they want to know why I am carrying a gun, they can ask (and I might not even answer them). In matters related to my gun, taxi drivers, hotel clerks, and cops are equal - they will be informed/handle my gun only to the minimum extent required by law to do so and, in the performance of their official duties never with my consent.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Well, Gee, we've generated three whole pages already!
    And we've only gotten started.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Apparently you do too. That video says nothing about talking to thr police W/ a lawyer present. It says don't talk to the police period
    That is correct. Unless and untill an imunity agreement can be negotiated with the prosecuting attorney for the jurisdiction in question, any lawyer worth their salt will tell you not to talk to the police, period.

Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    I find that statement uneducated,
    Apparently you have not been reading the posts on this thread or a few of the others on these forums.

...to compare civilians to LEO, is not even in the same league,
    I did not compare LEO's to civilians or civilians to LEO's, reread the post. LEO's ARE ordinary civilians. They are not subject to the rules of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

...due to the fact, if you witness a crime in progress (ex. Robbery, theft,assault, murder), you do not have the "duty" to act, however LEO is required by the law and oath to take a react.
    Apparently you do not know much about law enforcement. A law enforcement officer can witness a crime in progress and do nothing if he or she so chooses. The supreme court has ruled that the police have no duty to protect any specific person.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It appears as if the people who say YES to cops and NO to hotel clerks and taxi drivers are not informing cops for the benefit of the cop. Otherwise, why the hesitation to tell those in professions more likely to get shot? It looks like those people are telling cops in order to make themselves have a better image, to prove their innocence, to get out of a ticket and possibly for some to add a little spit shine to the boot or polish to the badge.
    Ding! Ding! Ding! And we have a winner. It's all just badge polishing and asking the LEO if you can whipe the dung off his boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Didn't your mom tell you that honesty is the best policy?
    My mom told me " I decline to answer any further questions" and ' Officer, I do not consent to any searches. Am I free to go?" is the best policy
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by MIL-SPEC 45 View Post
    What's wrong with this jag off?
    You should try to keep your posts free of Ad Hominum attacks. If you didagree with someone, attack his argument, not him.
    Thanks
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I go out of my way to hide it. If I wanted everyone to know guess I'd just open carry.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast