Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    You should try to keep your posts free of Ad Hominum attacks. If you didagree with someone, attack his argument, not him.
    Thanks
    Thanks Fudo, I had no worries and am secure enough that I can keep it civil here. I simply found the question of whether or not you tell the pimple faced teenage clerk or anyone there at the desk of a motel that you have a CCW permit a humoruous one, and wondered if the author was playing a trick on us. I honestly thought he was playing a joke on us! No harm done, I hope. :-)

My answer is "no", I do not tell any hotel clerk I'm carrying. Nor do I tell a restaurant manager, gas station clerk, bus driver, cab driver, dry cleaner, caterer, UPS/FedEx shipping clerk or movie theater ticket counter clerk.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    My mom told me " I decline to answer any further questions" and ' Officer, I do not consent to any searches. Am I free to go?" is the best policy
    You have a smart mom Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    You should try to keep your posts free of Ad Hominum attacks. If you didagree with someone, attack his argument, not him.
    Thanks
    Not even sure who he is pointing his finger at.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:232689
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    You tell cops that you have drugs and other illegal stuff on you?
    Didn't your mom tell you that honesty is the best policy?
    Why yes she did...except if police are involved, then she has completely different views

As always, the less said, the better. As for the local city cops, I'd guess many know I carry as we go to the same gun shops. But I don't have to tell them unless asked by law.

I fail to see why you even think this is a good question.

8. Quote Originally Posted by PatAz View Post
    I fail to see why you even think this is a good question.
    It's simple. There are many, many folks who suggest that if a law enformcement officer stops you for a traffic stop or whatever reason that you should immediately present your CPL, CCW, GWCL, whatever license to them and inform them of the location of any gun you might be carrying. THey claim all kinds of reasons for this including, but not limited to, "the officer just wants to go home safe at night", "it will put the officer at ease", "it will show the officer that you are good person", "officers have enough stress in their jobs already","it's a courtesy to the officer", etc, etc, etc.

So, the point of the question is: there are people in professions that are many times more likely to get shot at on the job than a cop is. So why is it that those exact same reasons don't justify telling these other people whom you may come into contact with in the course of their profession about your gun and license? Why is it more important for a police officer to feel all warm and fuzzy about your gun and not the driver when you get into a taxi cab considering that the taxi cab driver is 4 times more likely to be shot on the job than the cop is? Who knows, maybe if you tell the taxi cab driver and show them your license, maybe they will feel so relieved that they will leave the meter turned off for part of the ride or maybe you will get a free movie in the room from the hotel desk clerk.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It's simple. There are many, many folks who suggest that if a law enformcement officer stops you for a traffic stop or whatever reason that you should immediately present your CPL, CCW, GWCL, whatever license to them and inform them of the location of any gun you might be carrying. THey claim all kinds of reasons for this including, but not limited to, "the officer just wants to go home safe at night", "it will put the officer at ease", "it will show the officer that you are good person", "officers have enough stress in their jobs already","it's a courtesy to the officer", etc, etc, etc.
    Hey NavyLCDR, since you are one who actually gets it, I'll add a few more "reasons" to your list.
    "It makes me feel like a sheepdog."
    "I like to polish badges other than just my CCW Badge."
    "I might get to wipe the dung off the officer's boot."
    "It's the "tactical" thing to do."

Couple of key board thugs
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

11. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Couple of key board thugs
    How did we go from Constitutionalist trolls to keyboard thugs?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast