Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 7

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

1. Umm. Wow. The thought never occurred to me to want to tell any hotel employee about any of my possessions...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    How did we go from Constitutionalist trolls to keyboard thugs?
    Good question..

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Good question..
    It's because you have the audacity to openly carry a firearm (Which, you are doing solely to intimidate people) and because you broke the rule by not being robbed for your gun yet.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Now that it comes up, I do tell the pizza delivery man that I'm packing and have a safe full of firearms in my house. I tell my local 7/11 clerk to when I get to the counter,check out clerk at WalMart, Jiffy Lube worker who is changing my oil. Come to think of it anytime I go out with my firearm concealed I just hang a battery operated neon sign with flashing arrow that says "I'm Armed."

This has to be one of the dumbest threads started on this forum in years! Why the hell would you tell someone who has no need to even know about your "CONCEALED FIREARM" that your armed? If you feel compelled to tell everyone you meet that your carrying a concealed firearm, then just open carry the damn thing and be done with it.

Unless your looking for that ego booster of going around saying "Hey I have a gun, want to see my permit?"

On a side note are you ever able to make a comment or start a thread that is not about a god damn badge? It's so old already, find another way to up your post count!!!!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    It's because you have the audacity to openly carry a firearm (Which, you are doing solely to intimidate people) and because you broke the rule by not being robbed for your gun yet.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    This has to be one of the dumbest threads started on this forum in years! Why the hell would you tell someone who has no need to even know about your "CONCEALED FIREARM" that your armed? If you feel compelled to tell everyone you meet that your carrying a concealed firearm, then just open carry the damn thing and be done with it.

Unless your looking for that ego booster of going around saying "Hey I have a gun, want to see my permit?"
    Well it's the same way with all of the people who say that you should always inform LEO's of your CCW status, because it's for officer safety, even though their state does not legally require it. It doesn't matter if it's a LEO, Cab Driver, or Night Auditor, why should I inform them if I am not legally required to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Well it's the same way with all of the people who say that you should always inform LEO's of your CCW status, because it's for officer safety, even though their state does not legally require it. It doesn't matter if it's a LEO, Cab Driver, or Night Auditor, why should I inform them if I am not legally required to do so?
    Their reasoning for wanting to inform officers that they are armed is so they can avoid the overreaction on the officers part(face down,weapon drawn etc..) While yes you are correct in many states they are not bound to do so by any weight of law, they still choose to do so. Some do so out of respect for the officers others do so out of fear of the officers overreacting should they see their firearm.

Is it right that officers treat law abiding citizens in such a way, no it's wrong for them to treat you or I in such a way.

My wife was driving I was attempting to take a nap after a day at the in door range(shopping for her and the kids.) She ends up getting pulled over for something that was not our fault(VIP auto parts altered the inspection sticker they put on our car.) Cop starts talking to my wife telling her to come clean and tell him why she/we did it, it will go easier on you if you come clean etc... When that approach failed he tried the scare tactics, I can tow your car and impound it, this is a misdemeanor offense and I can fine you 1k etc.. Comes over to my side and asks me to get out, now by this time we had three cop cars with us on the side of the road. He starts talking to me trying to get me to admit to doing it, five to ten minutes later I reach into my wallet and hand him my permit. As I hand it to him I tell him "Here is this I don't want you to see my firearm and assume I'm breaking another law." He looks it over asks if it was loaded(it was not because I had just left the range.) After that it was a none issue, they photographed the car and took the sticker and gave us card in case we got stopped again on the way home. VIP told them they did it and we had nothing to do with it, so they let us go.

The only reason why I handed him my permit was he was already in the mindset of "they are criminals", he was not hearing that we had nothing to do with it. The last thing I needed was for him to place me in cuffs or worse take out his gun.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Their reasoning for wanting to inform officers that they are armed is so they can avoid the overreaction on the officers part(face down,weapon drawn etc..) While yes you are correct in many states they are not bound to do so by any weight of law, they still choose to do so. Some do so out of respect for the officers others do so out of fear of the officers overreacting should they see their firearm.
    In most stories that I have read on the forums about cops overreacting about a gun it is because the person told them they were in possession of it in the first place.

Then there is "out of respect for the officers", which is the point we are trying to make in this discussion. If people tell cops about their guns "out of respect for the officer" then why not extend that same respect to others who are many times more likely to be killed by a gun on the job than cops are?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I dodn't tell its conceal so why tell any one.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

JSDinTexas Guest
    I don't even tell myself I'm carrying.

Here's a story for you - I stayed in a hotel I use regularly and know the morning manager. I had a Tactical Mossberg 12ga and M4 with me in two different hardcases that don't yell "guns" and used a hotel cart to make one trip to load up the vehicle that morning (I always keep my guns in the room with me, not in the vehicle in the parking lot). He saw the cases and asked about the shotgun case, which was on top. I told him it was my "Goosegun." He replied, "Now I scared" and sounded serious. I don't know if he was kidding or not, and ignored the remark. But it said to me there are a lot of folks out there that get 'nervous' when a gun is around. And I bet he would have been even more concerned if he knew about the 3rd gun IWB.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast