Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit? - Page 8

View Poll Results: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I hand them my permit at check-in.

1 0.42%
  • I show my CCW Badge to the Front desk person at check-in.

7 2.92%
  • No, concealed means concealed.

229 95.42%
  • No, it might make the person nervous.

2 0.83%
  • Yes, it's for "safety" reasons.

1 0.42%
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you notify the front desk person at a hotel that you have a CCW Permit?

The guy that instructed my CCW class told us he makes a point of telling the security guard (if he goes someplace that has one)and getting permission.

I kept my mouth shut because he was getting my 90 bucks whether he signed my certificate or not
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. The only time an LEO should find out you're carrying, unless notification is required in your state, is when he begins a personal search and asks if you have and knives guns or drugs on you. That's when you say, "yes a firearm, my clod permit Is in my wallet sir."

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    The only time an LEO should find out you're carrying, unless notification is required in your state, is when he begins a personal search and asks if you have and knives guns or drugs on you. That's when you say, "yes a firearm, my clod permit Is in my wallet sir."
    I agree but I would inform if (and only if) he asked me to step out because at that point you are going to get a pat down.

Of course if the cop asks I answer truthfully
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The guy that instructed my CCW class told us he makes a point of telling the security guard (if he goes someplace that has one)and getting permission.

I kept my mouth shut because he was getting my 90 bucks whether he signed my certificate or not
    Wel, at least he signed off on your ability to be a sheepdog.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Wel, at least he signed off on your ability to be a sheepdog.
    The guy was an idiot. He required that you clear your weapon and show empty before entering the class area then about half way through the class one of the "student's" husband takes of his coat and he's carrying a
    loaded .357.

And it wasn't till we got to the firing range that he informed us that we had to pay an extra $20.00 for the range fee.

Also, at his house he showed us his wife's new Beretta and said anyone that wanted to try firing it at the range could. Then he went off on me for asking.

At the range his "instructors" spent all their time w/ the young women in tight jeans and refused to help my wife. (kinda ambivalent about that one) I watched her standing on the firing line almost in tears so I went and asked the guy's (IMO only qualified) female instructor who happened to be an EPSO deputy to help her. and My wife calmed down and did the course of fire just fine.

ETA To clarify I think the EPSO deputy was his only qualified instructor period regardless of gender.

7. Poll: Do you inform the front desk about your CCW at check-in?

Yes, just before requesting extra towels and the free newspaper I expect at my door.
    My .38's are Special.

This question needs to be added to the others gleaned from various CCW forums. (Grammar and spelling left intact):

I have a few interviews coming up for jobs that, so far, sound great. Any advice on how to bring up the company's policy on carrying at work?

I know xxxxx is a dangerous, high crime area but I like to eat there. If I almost wind up in a CCW incident after having dinner there what does that say about me? I go into high crime areas because I am 'packing' or does it simply prove Darwin was correct?

I have herd that my CCW may not be valid in soom cities and thay may seeze it and my weapon if I am found carrying thair. Is this tru? Also Is it tru we ar know longer allowed to call it a CCW? My buddie said we must follow the gidelines of one of the established firearm cites and call it a LTC. Is this for reel?

I was UOC at a Starbucks with friends recently when one of them used the term 'CCW'. I was incensed and wanted to slap them with my open hand for their lack of sensitivity. Was I in the right for being PC or was I just being a ****?

I want to apply for a CCW but do not own a gun. Is that a problem?

I have a CCW aka LTC and I like to go camping. I have heard that your camsite is like your 'temporary home'. Would it be okay to drink alcohol at the campsite while CCW/LTC?

I have limited funds so should I split the money I usually send to TV evangelists between them and firearm foundations who also promise miracles if I believe in them and their leaders?

Should I correct another person who uses CCW rather than the 'approved' and PC LTC?

If I have law enforcement contact and I correct him for referring to my LTC as a CCW, will he think I am a well informed person or a ****?

I am having the hardest time finding a wallet that my CCW will fit in, can anyone help?

Is it okay to carry a photocopy of my CCW and leave the original in a safe place? I do that now with my driver license, credit cards and my cash.

Can you shoot and kill a fleeing person who has just threatened you in order to protect other potential victims?

Why don't we have a 'secret' CCW handshake?

Can I carry a CCW Badge, as I want the world to know I am carrying a firearm?

How do you sneak your concealed firearm into an amusement park, Fair or other public place where it is prohibited?

Does being a Foundation give me the same legal 'Standing' in Federal court as, say the NAACP?

If I am the head of a Foundation suing a Sheriff, is it appropriate for me to engage in a discussion of case legal stategy on the Internet and hope County Counsel does not read it?

If I am a licensed attorney, is it appropriate to discuss legal strategy of an ongoing case on the Internet?

Can I wear my CCW to Federal Court and use the weapons lockers designated for law enforcement only?

Can you CCW in your front yard?

Anyone know where I can buy a necktie with CCW on it?

Should I keep my CCW next to my driver license so when I get carded at a club, they will know I am cool?

Is it true there is a correlation between being denied a CCW and being rejected my MENSA?

Is it true there is a correlation between being denied a CCW and being rejected by the military as unfit to serve?

Is your state CCW valid outside your county?

How do I cope with feeling 'naked' in a court building without my CCW?

How many guns should I CCW at the same time?

Can I have my wife or girlfriend carry my CCW weapon in their purse or bag?

Can I consume alcohol while CCW'ing?

Is there a limit as to how many people I can tell I have a CCW?

If I am in a traffic accident and I am knocked unconscious, who do I give my CCW weapon to?

How do I CCW on a bicycle while wearing a Spandex outfit?

How do I CCW at the beach while wearing a bathing suit?

How do I CCW while in a Sauna?

Can I CCW when taking a White House tour?

Why can I not get a CCW while on Parole or Probation?

Can I CCW when visiting a nuclear power plant?

How can I effectively CCW while Scuba Diving?

How can I CCW while skydiving?

Is there a limit as to how much ammunition I can carry while CCW'ing?

Can I CCW when going to Federal Court?

Can I CCW inside my own home?

If I realize someone near me is also CCW'ing, is there any special hand signal I should use like when you are in a sports car and see someone else in a sports car?

Should I inform my date, on a first date that I am CCW'ing?

If I have a CCW, can I wear my weapon on a lanyard around my neck so everyone will be aware of it?

If I am in a bank or a high end jewelry store and a person in front of me is wearing a hooded sweat suit, dark sunglasses, gloves and I see their weapon is partially exposed, should I discreetly inform them?

Is it a good idea to CCW when dating a woman who has a TRO against her estranged spouse? Should I wait until he moves out of the family home?

It is appropriate to ask the person at the next urinal to hold your weapon while you urinate?

Can I CCW on a cruise ship?

Can I CCW when flying on EL AL?

Can I CCW while on a fishing boat?

Can I CCW while BASE jumping?

If I am on the freeway and CCW'ing and I see an officer speaking to a car full of suspects, should I stop and offer to back them up?

After I am issued my CCW and I am flying unarmed, should I apptempt to 'make' the Federal Sky Marshal so I can back them up if things go sideways?

Is it okay to show a friend your new unloaded rifle in a parking lot at a bank or a convenience store?

Is there a CCW site where I can ask endless and pointless 'what if' or 'say this were to happen' questions?

Did I actually have to learn something during the CCW class?

What if I wet myself in anticipation of telling the officer I have a CCW during a traffic stop?

Should I approach officers for no other reason than to inform them I have a CCW?

Does having a lot of CCW's from other states increase my chances of obtaining a California CCW or will I just appear to be a ****?

During a traffic stop, do I have to show all my CCW's from other states? Will the officer think I am cool or just a ****?

I like to camp near drug cartel Marijuana fields. Would that qualify as Good Cause?

Can I use rental property that I do not reside in to qualify for residency?

If I lie on the application, is that a bad thing?

Will a TRO be held against me if I apply?

I have this friend and he found some guns in a storage unit. Can he keep em? He would write teh question hisself, but he doon't write two gooode and isknot veery rticulate.

I like to wear inappropriate clothing that is not conducive to wearing a CCW. Can anyone refer me to a CCW clothing advisor?

If I accidentally 'print' while CCW'ing should I announce to all within hearing distance, 'it is okay, I have a CCW', while displaying it for all to see?

If I see a crime in progress, should I shout; "Freeze M/F, I have a CCW" While showing my CCW?

If I am stopped by the police should I show them all of my 'non resident' CCW's and my CA CCW, if I have one, prior to showing my drivers license, registration and proof of insurance?

Are there any clubs or organizations of CCW holders that I can join?

I have a vacation planned to New Mexico. Can I CCW at Los Alamos?

Can I have a Character Letter party, where we all get together and write each others Character letters?

If I am frightened by someone presence, can I draw my weapon to scare them away?

If i am working armed security and a suspect lies to me can I shoot them?

Can I CCW on a military base?

I thought Heller gave me the RIGHT to a CCW, is that not correct?

Can I get into trouble if I CCW on private property, that is posted 'No CCW'?

Can I CCW on school grounds if my permit says I can't?

Some tenants in my building were smoking pot and I reported this to management. I now have fear of retaliation, can I CCW on my back porch?

I just received my CCW and I need to no if it is goode anywear besides the county of issuance?

Is it ok to carry a weapon in my pocket next to my junk?

9. Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    In your case I'm sure they would figure it out by the ccw badge and chain you wear around your neck.
    Hey hey now, the proper term for what you are describing is a "Neck Chain CCW Badge Holder Thingie".

Why would someone even ask that question?

Uh, no, but i do tell them that I've been in an airplane.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast