How many rounds do you REALLY need.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many rounds do you REALLY need.

1. How many rounds do you REALLY need.

Looking for real, empirical evidence here, not the macho "as many as I can manage." Is there research/statistics out there about how many rounds actually get fired in a CCW self defense situation?

There was a post some time ago that did a good job of taking a lot of numbers, crunching them and came up with something like 2 to 3 rounds to stop a BG. Now, how you know if you have the 1 round guy or the 30 round PCP addicted BG is beyond me. Should I ask him before I start shooting? LOL

Carry... Full mag, 2 back-ups for 1911 and one for my Walther. Don't risk having a magazine failure. YMMV.

Psalm 82:3-5

Enough to get the job done.

Stats show that its around 2.6 rounds in a gun fight. But stats also show that there is a chance that it could be 15+. I know I don't want to be caught in that small percentage with only 2.6 rounds.

Remember 1 is none and 2 is 1.

5. Multiple threats is my issue and the reason for carrying more rounds

Yup, why take a chance and carry a minimum. Take all that you can with-out looking like a Rambo WannaBee...

I like at least one back-up magazine, but will carry two if the attire allows.
    Glock Armorer, Remington 870 Armorer
    UTAH: 1 Florida:1 NH:1 Nevada:0 California:1 PA:1

I always carry 2 spare mags extra. A few years ago I would have thought that that would be enough. After reading of numerous cases of flash mob attacks, I have starting carrying extra mags. If me and my wife are attacked by a gang of feral humans, we won't be going down alone.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

i carry 1, 9 round in my xd-40 subcompact and the 12 round as its backup. and as always i carry +1.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I always carry 2 spare mags extra. A few years ago I would have thought that that would be enough. After reading of numerous cases of Flash (Ah-ah!) Gordon mob attacks, I have starting carrying extra mags. If me and my wife are attacked by a gang of feral humans, we won't be going down alone.
    The Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster system comes with a double magazine carrier on the off-side. Makes a great way to grab you sidearm and two spare mags all at the same time.

Will always have one extra magazine for any of my carry pistols.

In my case it is 1 15 in gun 2 back-up 15's But thats just me

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast