14 50.00%
  • Glock 30

1 3.57%
  • Glock 36

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 or 27 conceal carry

Glock 26 or 27 conceal carry

What do you think of the Glock 26 and 27/G 30/ G36 for conceal carry in a pocket.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

I'd pick the G27, but that's because my sidearm is the G22 and the G27 allows ammo and magazine compatability.

My carry gun is a G27, feels big in my pocket when I tried so I stick with IWB.

5. G26

A friend of mine and I both carry G26's. He is outside the waistband and I'm inside the waistband. Both agree that a Glock is a bit thick and pocket carry difficult. I chose a hybrid holster due to how thin the Kydex is.

I used to think the 36 was the perfect glock until I got an xd

Ii carry the Glock 27

I'm partial to the 40 cal S&W cartridge. The 27 isn't too big to slide into a pocket, but I usually carry in a holster.

I carry the G26 Gen 4, great weapon, however maybe a little too thick for pocket carry IMHO.

JSDinTexas Guest
    I don't pocket carry, but if so I would choose the G27 because the G26 is the same platform as the G27 and you get more caliber. The G30 is bigger than the G26/27 in height and the slide is thicker, and is definently not a pocket gun in my opinion, but you can't beat .45 on the street. I never fondled a G36 but the slide dimensions are about the same only you lose rounds with the single stack (is 6 of .45 enough?).
    I carry a G23 IWB and sometimes agonize over carrying the G30sf instead - the dilemma is .40 vs .45 and 14 vs. 10 rounds. And we could discuss target reacquisition and accuracy of different barrel lengths, but I'll save that for another day.
    And to answer the original question, I don't consider any Glock a pocket gun although I can conceal my G23 in my front right pocket of my dress pants. But I think carrying any Glock (any gun?) without a holster in a pants pocket could offer some unwanted surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by JSDinTexas View Post
    I don't pocket carry, but if so I would choose the G27 because the G26 is the same platform as the G27 and you get more caliber. The G30 is bigger than the G26/27 in height and the slide is thicker, and is definently not a pocket gun in my opinion, but you can't beat .45 on the street. I never fondled a G36 but the slide dimensions are about the same only you lose rounds with the single stack (is 6 of .45 enough?).
    I carry a G23 IWB and sometimes agonize over carrying the G30sf instead - the dilemma is .40 vs .45 and 14 vs. 10 rounds. And we could discuss target reacquisition and accuracy of different barrel lengths, but I'll save that for another day.
    And to answer the original question, I don't consider any Glock a pocket gun although I can conceal my G23 in my front right pocket of my dress pants. But I think carrying any Glock (any gun?) without a holster in a pants pocket could offer some unwanted surprises.
    I do use a pocket holster for the Ruger LCP 380 that i now carry and i would not carry a gun in a pocket with out being in a holster. I should have said in a pocket with a holster i guess.The holster that i now use has a wire ring in the top to stop the holster from coming out of your pocket when you pull the gun out.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast