Incident - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Incident

1. I just can't stress enough guy's and gal's if your going to carry get the training. Nothings anymore dangerous than thinking you know what your doing when you don't. Obviously this guy had no intent to harm anyone and probably thought he knew what he was doing. But it is very obvious to anyone who has had good training from the right organization that this guy had no idea what he was doing. Accidents don't just happen without a reason and this one should have never happened period. If your going to carry get the training!

My friend said the guy is a customer of his for about the last 30 years, and is but going to seek any legal action on his behalf..... However he does have to deal with the PD, they seized his weapon, and I'm not sure but I would imagine that this is at least a citation.

Hm, that's why my XD9SC is in a Serpa holster. That's not gonna fall out even if make a handstand.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967:233427
    Hm, that's why my XD9SC is in a Serpa holster. That's not gonna fall out even if make a handstand.
    I also use a Serpa Holster, love it !

I know a fellow who was carrying a 22 cal. derringer in his waistband. It slid down his leg hit the floor and discharged. Three of his toes paid the price. He had let the hammer all the way down on a live round and was carrying it that way. If he had pulled the hammer back a little after letting it all the way down it would have engaged the safety.

Quality equipment makes the difference, using your brain and practice safe gun handling makes all the difference.

8. Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    It was a Cobra Derringer chambered in 9mm
    Can't expect much in the line of safety from a $150 toy firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Quality equipment makes the difference, using your brain and practice safe gun handling makes all the difference.
    This is a great story to quote to anyone who says they can't "afford" a holster or find them "uncomfortable." I have a Taurus TCP/738 that I carry in a Stoner wallet holster. This gorgeous black leather beauty looks like a wallet in my back pocket, protects the trigger and barrel and stays in the pocket when drawn, providing for quick presentation. This holster was $38 at a gun show and derringer pocket holsters are even cheaper. Stellarrigs.com even makes Kydex holsters that hang by a chain from your neck to give an even deeper concealment option for the same price range.

If you can afford the gun, He'll, if you can afford the AMMO for the gun, you can afford a quality holster. You don't have an excuse. Remember the famous saying, "Excuses are like **********, everyone has one and they all stink."

10. Wow - im glad it wasn't worse for your buddy. Hope he heals well. Things could have ended up bad for the carrier. Hope he's counting his blessing that he didn't cause more damage.

Rj

Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post

Please guys if you carry, make sure that you have a holster that is quality and MADE for that weapon. This was an accident, but could of been avoided if in the correct size holster
    This was no accident, this was negligence.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast