Incident - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incident

2 things to learn here:

Buy a quality gun than will not discharge if it is dropped. My safe action Glock will not fire if it is dropped.

Carry with a quality holster.

We were at a park when we saw a LEO running and out came the gun, it hit the ground! Lucky it didn't discharge! He looked embarrassed! I would have been too, this gun should have never came out!
    "A free people ought to be armed."
    - George Washington

Buy a good holster and use it, I run with mine, bike with mine no issue, good equipment and mental safety will save you a lot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe:233362
    I just can't stress enough guy's and gal's if your going to carry get the training. Nothings anymore dangerous than thinking you know what your doing when you don't. Obviously this guy had no intent to harm anyone and probably thought he knew what he was doing. But it is very obvious to anyone who has had good training from the right organization that this guy had no idea what he was doing. Accidents don't just happen without a reason and this one should have never happened period. If your going to carry get the training!
    Agreed. And invest in a quality holster. The time and effort and money you spend on selecting and purchasing a holster is second only to that you spend on selecting and purchasing what you put in it.

That said, if he'd have been carrying a Glock, this never would have happened.

6. Couldn't agree more and if you saw my post awhile back on selecting your holster carefully you know why. I'm still kicking myself in the ass over that one. Even though the trigger and safety were well covered so the gun was in no danger of firing it is still inexcusable to see the mag release being engaged to allow the mag to fall out. Never again will I cut corners on a holster I don't care how long I have to wait for a good one to be made. It's just not worth the risk of having something happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    Little story to tell, my friend is a barber and this afternoon around 12 there was a guy in the shop, he went to bend over and out fell his 9mm derringer, out hit the floor and discharged a round, the round went through my buddy barber chair and into his rear end. The bullet is going to remain in his rear, because they said out would be too harmful to remove it. He is okay other then being really sore, and is limping alot.

Please guys if you carry, make sure that you have a holster that is quality and MADE for that weapon. This was an accident, but could of been avoided if in the correct size holster

Just embed to share with you all
    What a pain in the ass!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123