Carry in condition 1? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry in condition 1?

1911 full sizes in tuckable IWB holster in condition 1 all day every day.
    ScottF

What an awesome forum...a bunch of holier than thou attitudes when someone wants to educate themselves about a topic. This place is just like the Camaro Forum I used to visit. Someone asks a question and someone has to jump in and insult them. If you don't like the question no one is holding a gun to your head to click on the link. I'm really impressed...no wonder we're losing the Second Amendment fight. No one can go in the same direction. You should be happy that there are still people out there willing to buy a firearm and wanting to learn about the do's and don'ts. No one should post another single comment on this board because I'm sure that somewhere out there in the interweb someone has once answered that very question. Thank you sir...you should run for president.

Quote Originally Posted by henry1088 View Post
    No one should post another single comment on this board because I'm sure that somewhere out there in the interweb someone has once answered that very question.
    Then they wouldn't be able to reply with "Condition butterscotch." Realistically though, the number of negative replies in this thread was minuscule compared to the overall membership of the site. As I sit here now, this thread has 1,098 views. Out of all of those, how many negative replies were there? Certainly not nearly enough to justify a condemnation of the entire forum. A little perspective there Henry, please.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Before you go running around with a round in the chamber like all the rambo's on here,

This idea is felony stupid. If you expect your weapon to be useful to protect yourself from a sudden and violent attack, it must be ready for immediate use. Carrying a firearm that can be readily accessed and used with one hand doesn't make anyone a "Rambo." It makes you a realist. If you carry a defensive weapon that is not ready for action, you are foolishly optimistic, hoping that a bad situation can be put on "hold" until you make your weapon ready.

you should practice your draw constantly to avoid pulling and slipping your finger on to the trigger. Even the most experienced people can make mistakes.
    This part is good advice.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

6. Obviously you're felony stupid. Learn to use the interweb pops. Also if you think telling someone to practice before running around with a loaded gun you should just shoot yourself in the thigh so you can feel the advice you've given. Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Obviously you're felony stupid. Learn to use the interweb pops. Also if you think telling someone to practice before running around with a loaded gun you should just shoot yourself in the thigh so you can feel the advice you've given. Stupid
    wow and this guy thinks i jumped on someone for asking a question... your really just a troll, or a a$$ or a computer warrior. chill out dude.

Wasn't a "Cotillion" a formal dance once upon a time? If so, our resident "duty troll" is misnamed, considering all the informal dancing he (she?) does on this forum.

Just sayin'.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

On the other hand..... I have a .25 cal "pocket pistol" I bought some 30+ years ago that I would no more trust with one in the tube than the man who yells "Watch this fellas!" on the firing line.

I have disassembled that critter too often to not notice the teeniest of "tab" that holds back the firing pin from striking the primer. Manual safety? "Soft" enough to fall off of it's own weight!

Nossir! Not a carry option for me. Prefer a bit better "failsafe" than that. If you carry one in the tube, insure that it is "failsafe" first. Most guns worth their salt these days are.

Then it's just a matter of personal taste. I prefer carry weapons (autos, at any rate) with one in the tube, hammer decocked, gun on manual safe. No particular reason, just part of my comfort zone.

Lost time from draw to enguagement? "Click" off safety when drawing, slightly harder first trigger pull. Practice minimizes both "problems" (sic). I generally "call it" 3.5 nanoseconds. LOL!

GG

Oh...... If I have to "worry" about 3.5 nanoseconds to save my life.... I'm probably pretty well screwed anyway to begin with.

GG

11. Don't think I was yelling at you that time aj, not sure though. Cotillion is the patron god of assassins in a tale of the mazalan book of the fallen. Great series if you're into reading epic fantasy

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast