Carry in condition 1? - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Carry in condition 1?

1. You should never carry in condition 1. Too many tough guys on this forum. When the day comes when you are actually in that position, the natural sense become so different you slightly panic. Muscle memory muscle memory. Training training. Train your withdraw. I found that when you pull your weapon and cock it, that sound really makes that person think twice. Whereas if you have to pull and there is already one in the chamber, depending on your offender, he may think it is a fake and test your abilities. Sound scares. Trust me. I had to do it. Everyone thinks that they are good with their price until they really have to use it when they are in immediate danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul8:240262
    You should never carry in condition 1. Too many tough guys on this forum. When the day comes when you are actually in that position, the natural sense become so different you slightly panic. Muscle memory muscle memory. Training training. Train your withdraw. I found that when you pull your weapon and cock it, that sound really makes that person think twice. Whereas if you have to pull and there is already one in the chamber, depending on your offender, he may think it is a fake and test your abilities. Sound scares. Trust me. I had to do it. Everyone thinks that they are good with their price until they really have to use it when they are in immediate danger.
    Curious...where did you get your permit and how did you pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Curious...where did you get your permit and how did you pass?
    He must have bought a CCW Badge from ccw badges.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul8 View Post
    You should never carry in condition 1. Too many tough guys on this forum. When the day comes when you are actually in that position, the natural sense become so different you slightly panic. Muscle memory muscle memory. Training training. Train your withdraw. I found that when you pull your weapon and cock it, that sound really makes that person think twice. Whereas if you have to pull and there is already one in the chamber, depending on your offender, he may think it is a fake and test your abilities. Sound scares. Trust me. I had to do it. Everyone thinks that they are good with their price until they really have to use it when they are in immediate danger.

Am i reading this correct, i have NEVER heard a more ignorant statement EVER..... Do not know if you were just being funny, but boy that is crazy talk there

I cannot say I am a "tough guy" as you put it...I am just one very aware person who want to be ready to fire my gun to protect me and mine in a jiffy when necessary. I suppose Raul8 will also advise us to carry our gun without the magazine? Hope not...Raul8 -- as you have mentioned -- Practice ... Practice ... -- why don't you practice carrying a loaded gun in Condition 1 instead??? It might one day save your life...just my thoughts -- unless you made that comment of yours to incite more responses? Pot stirrer!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Blog Entries
    As usual the good people here have pretty much covered the important stuff. safety, practice, awareness..etc. I would only add to clean and inspect your firearms regularly. Knowing that the internal workings are where they should be and in good condition go a long ways toward confidence in you firearm.

Things happen fast and bad things happen even faster. "One in the pipe" of a well maintained , quality firearm in the hands of knowledable and well trained individual is quite safe.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Raul8 View Post
    You should never carry in condition 1.
    Let's see....that's like not putting on a seat belt until just before the accident because it's just to darn uncomfortable. Or not putting batteries in the smoke detector until the night of the fire to keep the dang thing from beeping when the batteries run low. Not putting new tires on the car until the old ones blow apart, why not run them down to the cords... what a waste of money. Come to think of it, I don't think I will fill my tank up with gas until it runs out either - use all that cheap gas in the tank that I can before the prices go up. I should stop looking both ways before I walk across the street, too - those drivers will all see me and stop in time, right?

Just because you can't keep your finger out of the trigger when you draw your gun from your holster does not mean that applies to me. My life and my family's lives are not worth betting on that a bad guy will be scared of the sound of the racking of a handgun slide, especially when it is just too darn easy to fully load the gun in the relative safety of my house behind the locked doors.

Carry your gun however you want to, I certainly don't care, but don't tell me how to carry my gun.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Always carrying condition 1. May as well not carry for protection.
    Too close - dont underestimate the knife - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Raul8 View Post
    If you're really relying on the sound of your gun for defense, maybe you aren't smart enough to carry one. You certainly shouldn't be giving advice to others. I know two people in my local area who would be dead now if they had been crazy enough to follow your so-called advice. Their attackers never gave them a chance to get their second hand on their firearm in order to chamber a round. Luckily for them, they already had one chambered, and they're alive today as a result. So you go on carrying a clicker for self defense. I'll carry a gun.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

11. Although.... my daughter was talking to her boyfriend on the phone the other night. I came in the room and she put him on speaker phone. I racked the slide on a shotgun near the phone and said, "Now there's a sound you never want to hear at my house in the middle of the night."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast