Not sure if I understand some people - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not sure if I understand some people

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gkeil961 View Post
    I agree 100 % if you are going to carry with a permit, remember permits are issued to LAW ABIDING CITIZENS..... If you are not permitted to carry in a certain place, DON'T, our just simply dont patronize that facility, it's rather simple.......
    My thought is in regard to the employees and customers of places like Columbine, Virginia Tech, the post office where "going postal" originated, Von Mauer in Omaha, the Denver church, and on and on and on, where "no guns" signs were posted or at least a no guns policy was in place. So many dead people, so very few (likely zero) people willing to get training and then carry in those places.

If that makes me or anyone who thinks like i do a "Rambo", then we are "Rambo's". Your sense of moral superiority is an insult to those who would prefer a common sense.

This thread was started by a poster who stated those who carry everywhere as having a "macho I'll do what I want to do" attitude. This group of people are devoted to being able to at least have a chance at defending thier lives wherever they go, regardless of someone elses opinion that they should only be able to defend themselves or thier families where they are told they can. That's all.

I respect your opinions to be unarmed and less able to defend yourselves or your families at places where for whatever reason you have to go, even if there are "no guns" signs. If a person feels differently and you therefore want to call them names then I suppose this is a free country. I still respect you. I just respect my increased chances of defending myself and my kids if I'm armed at the kid's doctors office, for example, and someone walks in and does a "Lubby's" kind of thing even more than I respect your opinion... Thats all, just my .02.

Macho? I dunno. Prepared? I'd say so. I don't see the problem actually, and neither does anyone at the previous hundreds of places I've been that have a "no guns" sign on thier doors!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I'm going to have to go with tuts on principle. I choose to avoid gun free zones like the plague, but say I get forced there anyways...well I'd rather be alive than dead. If you feel death is more appropriate for Ccw'ers in a gun free zone, to avoid a bad name from the media, than I guess we will agree to disagree.

.I don't believe we should need a permit for any of our rights...in fact needing a permit means they are not rights at all...but that is not the country we live in any more...as tuts put it...we get our permits so we have one less legal battle in a self defence scenario. Is it right? No, neither are gun free zones. Am a hypocrite for following permits laws and not gun fee zones? yes. Luckily we have people like tuts who are actively fighting these infringements on our rights so we don't need these ridiculous permits in the first place.

"I don't believe we should need a permit for any of our rights...in fact needing a permit means they are not rights at all"

Rights don't extend from government.. Freedom is not something you need to be permitted to experience...

All this asking permission crap is really necessary? Conditioning... Some have been conditioned to believe it necessary... I know it reads cliche, but... Free Your Mind... Shall not be infringed...

The only truly dangerous thing I know of; one group of humans controlling the lives of other humans... All the books and movies end badly... Why is that?
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry:234772
    "I don't believe we should need a permit for any of our rights...in fact needing a permit means they are not rights at all"

Rights don't extend from government.. Freedom is not something you need to be permitted to experience...

All this asking permission crap is really necessary? Conditioning... Some have been conditioned to believe it necessary... I know it reads cliche, but... Free Your Mind... Shall not be infringed...

The only truly dangerous thing I know of; one group of humans controlling the lives of other humans... All the books and movies end badly... Why is that?
    Its late..i'm tired...are you agreeing with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    The singular most "high hazard" area my wife has to traverse is from the parking area to the secured entry to her work building. (Around 1/4 mile.) It is in a "downtown" area and is frequented by the homeless and other loiterers.... mainly because it is near the public library, i.e. common toilet and warm hang out for this lot.

Unfortunately, her company policy is no guns on premises.

In this case, leaving it in the vehicle is not really a viable option as the "danger" resides between the vehicle and workplace.

The other side of the coin.... the reason she "carries" in the first place was primarily as a protection for exactly the situation cited.

What to do?

She has worked there for 14 years now and has never been searched or questioned at or by her company. She carries to work with one of those "hidden zipper" gun compartment purses. Better for her peace of mind. (..and mine!)

Now, the legal implications. I'm not sure that "carrying" in an area that is posted "no guns" is as henious a crime as carrying in areas where the local LAW says you cannot carry. (I would have to reread the exact "prohibition" list to see if private concerns posted "no guns" is a "legal" violation. I don't recall.) Probably is, but I would consider that a "Catch 22" phrasing. (Generally speaking, private "policies" cannot override written Law.)

Most assuredly she would be fired if caught. From a Corporate POV, in most instances, Company Policy ranks just below the 10 Commandments in authority. (LOL!) (At least in THEIR minds.)

Another case of "Ya pays your money and takes your chances." To my way of thinking, being victimized overrides being unemployed in seriousness.

Lastly, while I consider myself a "law abiding citizen", I also consider extraordinarily restrictive "Gun control laws" a severe violation of my civil rights, Constitutionally guaranteed. (But that is another "case".) While I lived in the Chicago area (seven years in a "gun free" zone), I kept two guns in the house all the same. I always thought we could quibble about the legality of my guns, should I survive my use of them when needed.

So let it be written, so let it be GUN! (LOL!)

GG
    That's what galls me about doorbuster signs, too. IMHO, they should be REQUIRED by law to have an attendant at the door that you can hand your gun to. That's how they did it in the Olde West, they understood that OF COURSE you will bring your gun and won't leave it at home or ON YOUR HORSE ...

In Florida, the gunbuster signs mean NOTHING unless its illegal by F.S.790 -- so I just choose NOT to spend time at the places willing to trample my 2A rights. When I cannot avoid, then I don't worry about their gunbuster signs because it holds no legal merit here.

With my employer, its another story. They have it in the Employee Handbook and I abide by it. I've weighed this out and since they have limited access to our offices by way of a door code (which changes frequently and certainly after someone leaves employment) and I don't believe anyone I work with is gonna shoot up the place, I obey their rule.

I had a candid discussion about the owner of our company when telling me he had his CWP for years and so on... so I said to him "yeah I was really disappointed to see the employee manual when I started" and he didn't give me the clearance to carry so I don't. He indicated they felt they had to put that in there for legal reasons. I tried, but didn't get the OK so I obey their rules.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I'm going to have to go with tuts on principle. I choose to avoid gun free zones like the plague, but say I get forced there anyways...well I'd rather be alive than dead. If you feel death is more appropriate for Ccw'ers in a gun free zone, to avoid a bad name from the media, than I guess we will agree to disagree.

.I don't believe we should need a permit for any of our rights...in fact needing a permit means they are not rights at all...but that is not the country we live in any more...as tuts put it...we get our permits so we have one less legal battle in a self defence scenario. Is it right? No, neither are gun free zones. Am a hypocrite for following permits laws and not gun fee zones? yes. Luckily we have people like tuts who are actively fighting these infringements on our rights so we don't need these ridiculous permits in the first place.
    Thank you. You hit the nail on the head. So are we going to send letters Monday (tomorrow) to Herman Cain's office to help him understand the 2nd? :-)

Campaign Headquarters:
    P.O. Box 2158
    Stockbridge, Georgia 30281
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I don't disagree that we should be allowed to carry without a permit and that no guns signs should be outlawed but these things will NEVER happen if CCW holders can't follow the rules that are in place now. By violating these laws and or private property requests when you do get caught it puts a black mark on us all. I personally don't appreciate other people creating more hardship on me when I do abide by the law. If you are going to break the law ( and here it is criminal offense to carry when posted not to) why even bother to get a permit. At least then when you get caught we could use you as an example of why permits are a good thing instead of having to make excuses for you.

Blog Entries
    Remember to send those letters voicing your support of gun rights, and your disdain for any and all limitations to such!

H. Cain Campaign Headquarters:
    P.O. Box 2158

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Remember to send those letters voicing your support of gun rights, and your disdain for any and all limitations to such!

H. Cain Campaign Headquarters:
    P.O. Box 2158
    Now that's something we can agree on !! But I must add don't limit it to Mr. Cain write tot your state and federal representatives too!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast