Not sure if I understand some people - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Not sure if I understand some people

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr39:234827
    I don't disagree that we should be allowed to carry without a permit and that no guns signs should be outlawed but these things will NEVER happen if CCW holders can't follow the rules that are in place now. By violating these laws and or private property requests when you do get caught it puts a black mark on us all. I personally don't appreciate other people creating more hardship on me when I do abide by the law. If you are going to break the law ( and here it is criminal offense to carry when posted not to) why even bother to get a permit. At least then when you get caught we could use you as an example of why permits are a good thing instead of having to make excuses for you.
    I'm going to try and keep this post in a positive light. If tuts ever makes the news for carrying in a free to murder innocent civilians zones, because some wacko tried to kill everyone including his wife, and he stopped it because he was carrying that day, i'm going to appreciate that black mark everyday. There aren't any examples of permits being a good thing when it comes to our rights.

How do you think some of the black community felt when Rosa Parks didn't get out of her seat, for putting a black mark on their race? The same as you feel about tuts, except it was Parks that was important in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Its late..i'm tired...are you agreeing with me?
    In an overly expressive way, Yes...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

4. Although I won't disagree that many people on here are asinine, I've had my moments of beligerance on here as well, but I don't think people get permits to show they're "upstanding citizens" they get them because it's required for them to be able to carry a weapon in public for self defense. I personally feel that even the permit itself is a violation of the second amendment. I feel the only people that shouldn't be allowed to carry are people convicted of violent crimes or legitimately mentally unstable people for obviously. I don't think that someone who has a felony charge for not paying taxes for example should be stripped of their legal right to own firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr39:234827
    I don't disagree that we should be allowed to carry without a permit and that no guns signs should be outlawed but these things will NEVER happen if CCW holders can't follow the rules that are in place now. By violating these laws and or private property requests when you do get caught it puts a black mark on us all. I personally don't appreciate other people creating more hardship on me when I do abide by the law. If you are going to break the law ( and here it is criminal offense to carry when posted not to) why even bother to get a permit. At least then when you get caught we could use you as an example of why permits are a good thing instead of having to make excuses for you.

__________________________________________________ _________

Oh my....... Where to start, You are so wrong on so many levels...... Tuts40 and firefighter have tried to explain it, but I fear they may have been unsuccessful.

Your position/opinion about those who "dont follow the laws" as giving "us" a "bad name/black eye" is (sorry, brace yourself) quite laughable...... You have failed miserably to go back far enough in your thinking (didnt think hard enough/deep enough to the root/foundation of the subject at hand before showing your ignorance on the subject) I actually see this in many of the newer posters here, and some of our favorite trolls here also....

So, here is my humble attempt to help you out......

ANY so-called "law" that does NOT line up with the Constitution is null and void, period, end of story.....
    (yes, there is actually Supreme Court rulings that say this, look it up)

The simple fact that we have those types of fake/UnConstitutional laws on the books is a testament of compromises by those LIKE YOU who insist that "good citizens" ("law abiding" according to you) always follow whatever the "law" says no matter what....

Then, if someone DARES to actually follow the TRUE, REAL and SUPREME LAW of the land, those like you say they are "lawbreakers" and "hypocrites"...

Answer us this.... If tomorrow, the "lawmakers" make it illegal for YOU to own any firearm, are you going to hand yours over? Or are you going to GROW A PAIR and stand up for yourself and stop calling others who are doing THE SAME THING on a smaller scale hypocrites and lawbreakers?

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
    I bothered to get a CCW permit so that if a thug forces me to shoot him in a Walmart parking lot i will have one less legal hassle. Period. If that makes me a hypocrite, then I'm a hypocrite and I could not care less actually. I do follow "one way" signs in town tho, in case you are wondering. :-)

Incidentally, if I carry in gun free zones and the need arises to stop an attack or die then i'll be alive afterward to be prosecuted.

I'll stop here instead of writing yet another book for yet another person who feels following signage trumps the ability to improve your odds during a random attack. i simply do not have the luxury of avoiding all gun free zones.

I respect your opinions tho and believe you have every right to them.

...Next.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Imagine the country we would be living in today if our founding fathers and their peers believed as you do, that the law of the land is right and MUST be honored regardless of the will of the people. Oh wait, because we are being conditioned away from personal responsibility we are quickly approaching that benchmark anyway and could soon be simply labeled "South Canada" instead of America. Sad.
    "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the "heck" they please".-John Wayne

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234