the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1 - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1

It says a lot about the men in this country, when their women dictate how they should carry their weapons.

3. The Israelis don't carry chamber empty becasue it's tacti-cool. It was a compromise that gained a bit of needed safety at the cost of tactical advantage. Today, now that they have standardized, modern pistols, many Israelis (like SWAT and special forces units) do carry with a loaded chamber.
    In this you are correct. So to be precise, to carry the Israeli method is not the same thing as to carry C3. If I carry C1 or C3 depending upon the situation, I am always carrying "Israeli." It has more to do with a mindset than a method.

If I were a badguy, I would be more afraid of a person carrying Israeli with a gun in C3 than I would be of most who carry a gun and use C1.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    It says a lot about the men in this country, when their women dictate how they should carry their weapons.
    What? That the men here value the opinions of their wives? How is that a bad thing?

And again, if you read the whole thread, or even the last half-dozen posts, you'd see that the situation was resovled very well.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    What? That the men here value the opinions of their wives? How is that a bad thing?
    It isn't. Assuming your wife knows more about guns than you do.

I'm not sure what that means, "Men here value the opinions of their wives"
    Do you think George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Sam Houston, or even General Patton would have had a wife that questioned how he carried a gun? Or can you imagine what the response that might have been given if they had a wife that would have questioned them?
    Women by nature are nourishing, holding a crying baby, kissing a finger on a child that was hurt. Men by nature are protectors and providers. Need some more examples? Women like men to hold the door for them. Now your front door was kicked in and the bad guy may still be in there just watch your wife step aside and want you to go in first. Again it is then the nature of things.
    So if they are going to step aside how dare they question how you carry a gun, unless they feel you are not
    competent with said firearm. Now that is a whole new question.

7. a couple years ago i remember showing the fiance where i kept the bedside handgun.

showed it.

explained the handling.

informed of the condition 1 status it stays in.

she gave a look... made some comments...

i gave "the look"...

she shut up. she continued to listen attentively.

have had no issues about it since.

point being... there can only be one head of the household.

My man makes the decision. I listen. Then I give the last word. Sabes?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    "The wife refuses to let you carry in condition 1" you say??
    Please have your wife research Dennis Tueller's '21 foot rule'.
    If you think that you will have time to lock & load 'while' actually being attacked, you will be seriously injured or maybe even killed.
    Please PLEASE have your wife research the 21 foot rule with you.
    Also look at pictures or videos of actual knife attacks and wounds so that it really hits home.
    ~Be careful & Stay Safe~

Imagine if this suspect was armed with a knife...This cop could have easily been killed.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by glockk23 View Post
    Wow thanks for all of the replys. They really helped. I took her out to a buddys land and I showed her everything she would need to know about weapons. Then I showed her from a concealment point how long it takes to draw your weapon. Not long with practice but still. Then showed her without having to load a " invisible round " would take compaired too if I had to draw, rack the slide, aim somewhat then fire. She noticed the difference and I also showed her how the gun " isn't just going to fire on its own and how to make sure it doesn't happen. Then I ran her through some fake attacks and she realized she nor I could get a stab in or shot off with fake guns when a round is in the chamber. So she now doesn't mind it and she wanted too shoot my gun all day. Actually had to run to walmart for target ammo. So overall she is better educated and understands . Thanks for everyones help :))
    sounds like you handled right,
    TAURUS .38
    S&W .40
    S&W Shield 9

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    "The wife refuses to let you carry in condition 1" you say??
    Please have your wife research Dennis Tueller's '21 foot rule'.
    If you think that you will have time to lock & load 'while' actually being attacked, you will be seriously injured or maybe even killed.
    Please PLEASE have your wife research the 21 foot rule with you.
    Also look at pictures or videos of actual knife attacks and wounds so that it really hits home.
    ~Be careful & Stay Safe~

Imagine if this suspect was armed with a knife...This cop could have easily been killed.
    You beat me to it...Dennis Tueller's '21 foot rule. This is a great example! I was going to suggest also that maybe the wife should sit down on Wednesday Night on the Range "Outdoor Channel" and watch the show, Personal Defense TV. She'll gain a better understanding of what your trying to teach her if she can see it for herself. She doesn't seem to understand how quickly **** hits the fan! But a few examples would certainly educate her. Good Thread!
    "Governments don't live together, people live together. With governments you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come to give you either one. Or get either one from you." Josie Wales

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast