the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1 - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    When did the men in this country quit wearing pants?
    Mine hasn't...I want our kids to follow his example as a father not a mother.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

take her shooting, there are a number of gal only shooting groups, n just why precisely does she need to know your carry condition ...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by glockk23 View Post
    She is a big freak when it comes to guns. She is so scared of them. Iv explained the reason why carrying condition 1 will save your life and not doing so will get you badly hurt or killed. " I'm not going anywhere with you of you have a round in the chamber " what if you accidently shoot it". Iv told her the only way a firearm will fire is by your finger. And so on. Wish I could come up with a way to make her understand why I won't carry if my glock doesn't have a round ready to rock ....
    Carrying a Glock with one in the pipe is very different than a traditional ext. hammer'd gun on Cond 1. You could bash your Glock all over the place and nothing wouldn't happen. You need to give you wife 2 options, 1. Allow you to teach her the safety features of the gun so she can be fully aware that it's safe to carry it the way it's intended to be carried and reminder her that educated people learn both sides before making a decision. 2. Leave her at home! Yes you'll piss her off, but as I'm sure your well aware your screwing with your safety here. Do NOT compromise with that! Whether she likes it or not the gun may save her life one day. I'm sure you've seen the same videos I have of the gun who carried unloaded. OR Lie to her. If she doesn't like guns, she won't check.But that's ridiculous if it has to go down that way. Also just like and other person that's not your wife, It's you DUTY do undo that type of gun brainwashing whenever you can. I've converted a couple people off the kool-aid. It's a good feeling. Good Luck man!

Giving the wife 2 options...

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    You need to give you wife 2 options, 1. Allow you to teach her the safety features of the gun so she can be fully aware that it's safe to carry it the way it's intended to be carried and reminder her that educated people learn both sides before making a decision. 2. Leave her at home!
    Ummmm, I think the OP is intending to KEEP his wife--not ALIENATE her by 1) informing her she is "uneducated" because she already has the "wrong" opinion or 2) leaving her at home because she doesn't see things his way. I'm not sure how many people--men or women--would be swayed in their thinking by those two options...

Anyway, I believe the OP has already found success in teaching his wife how a gun works, showing her that guns do not discharge "on their own," and providing her with insights as to why one in the chamber may make a difference between life and death one day. Not only that, but he has also done his part to give her complete confidence in his ability to handle a gun safely and prudently.

Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    Ummmm, I think the OP is intending to KEEP his wife--not ALIENATE her by 1) informing her she is "uneducated" because she already has the "wrong" opinion or 2) leaving her at home because she doesn't see things his way. I'm not sure how many people--men or women--would be swayed in their thinking by those two options........<snipped for brevity...
    Different strokes for different folks. When I was against guns and scared of them, no matter what hubby nor children says no one can dissuade me. I always think I am right. They probably talked between themselves because I started getting ignored when the subject of guns came up, like as if -- I wasn't there. I was left home when they go to the range. They expect food on the table when they get home and the animals fed, the house cleaned and the beds made. Not exactly like that but it seemed to be like that during those times they left me home to go to the range, hunting in Kansas or in a friend's paddock somewhere. I was mad but I can't say anything at all because I got rocks for brains. So one day I picked up the courage to go with them to a gun store, I picked up my very first gun (a .380 Bersa). It felt good in my hands. Then suddenly kiddos started mentioning guns to me, how to operate it, how safe it is, etc., etc...It irritated me that they are so much knowledgeable than I am when they can't even do their own laundry...???!!!??? I dumped my gun on the kitchen bench so they will shut up, drove up to the supermarket's parking lot with a phone book, and got me a instructor -- in an indoor range. 'Didn't like my instructor either; did another search and found one an hour and half away in the sticks. Told my husband I am going on an NRA course because it was going to take hours to drive to and back plus the course.

That was ages and ages ago now...I am still a learner but a better person because I was ignored. That is why I asked the original OP to be patient. It will come when the time is right. He will find a way that will work for him and his wife if he hasn't yet.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

It better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission unless she "cuts you off" but then again thats just more range time.

Red face please dont judge me?

had a similar conversation with my gf. she was concerned by the fact that my kimber ultra carry was cocked & locked. i explained to her how the safeties worked, she still didnt get it, so i removed the weapon from my holster, emptied the chamber, dropped the mag, then showed her how it would still fire if loaded. then proceeded to throw it onto the carpeted floor, several times, with no accidental firing, due to the safeties. i know this was extreme, but she is a tough judge to convince. she now knows that the gun will never fire unless the safeties are disengaged. btw, since then, the curiosity got to her, she now has her ccw, a s&w j frame, & is slowly learning the ropes in the shooting world. she has really taken to my sig 1911 in .22lr for range work. man i love this woman!

9. First how does she know the state of carry of your firearm? How does she have any say in this matter? Where have all the men gone!

10. This incident happened this past Sunday with a .40 cal Glock less than 1/2 a mile from my home. It's where my wife goes to buy our family groceries each week. There are lots of folks who will say "he wasn't safe" or "he's an idiot/didn't know how to handle a gun" but remember as you read the article that his children watched their father die because of an accident/because he had 1 in the pipe. I'm not for or against one in the pipe but wanted to put this out there for people to remember to treat EVERY weapon as if it has one in the pipe.

Fredericksburg.com - Spotsy man dies in gun mishap

Stay safe.

BaconFan

11. So just learn the Israeli method. You will still be well armed and make the little lady happy.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast