the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1 - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 104

Thread: the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1

  1. #71
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by glockk23 View Post
    Wish I could come up with a way to make her understand why I won't carry if my glock doesn't have a round ready to rock ....
    Perhaps when you say it in divorce court?

  2.   
  3. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    Ummmm, I think the OP is intending to KEEP his wife--not ALIENATE her by 1) informing her she is "uneducated" because she already has the "wrong" opinion or 2) leaving her at home because she doesn't see things his way. I'm not sure how many people--men or women--would be swayed in their thinking by those two options...
    Hey sometimes the truth hurts! If you blindly hate something that you don't understand, your not willing to understand, but fight it anyways...that's ignorant! Sorry, it is! How is it any different then what the anti's do to us? Yes you've got to not be a complete **** because it's his wife, but sacrificing safety for unfounded fear? Looks like the anti's won, everybody turn in the CCW's!

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    May not have mentioned this before, but my wife carries C1, Kimber 45. As stated before everyone is welcome to their opinion, but I wear the pants in this family when my wife says I can, she has the newest gun.

  5. #74
    Number one question to ask a woman before starting a serious relationship with her: What do you think of guns?

  6. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    177
    I asked that question 17 years ago, Second question was if she could cook! Still together. Kinda cool to have a woman who can shoot my 44 mag as good as I can! I think it all comes down to a good firearms education and lots of hands on training. We both love to shoot. I hope you have found a life long shooting partner.

  7. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by glockk23 View Post
    She is so scared of them. " I'm not going anywhere with you of you have a round in the chamber " Wish I could come up with a way to make her understand why I won't carry if my glock doesn't have a round ready to rock ....
    I sympathize, it's a tough issue. However, to me, it comes back to the reason why I carry in the first place. I swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, and no one has released me from that oath yet. That means that I MUST defend her right to think whatever she wants, and to behave any way she wants within the law. But my oath ALSO means I MUST oppose her effort to try to force you to behave her way - that's dictatorship and tyranny.

    My own wife is afraid of guns, and it has been a 40 year issue between us. She has gradually mellowed enough to understand that I WILL carry, and to tolerate it. She has come to understand the Bible's Golden Rule; do unto others as you would have them do unto you. That means that if she doesn't want me ramming my beliefs down her throat, then she has an obligation not to do so to me. It's OK for us to disagree and have our own beliefs on any issue. It doesn't have to destroy our relationship, which is about WAY more than any one issue. Dissent is OK, Dictatorship is not.
    Dragonbreath
    I'll be carrying a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro .45 or a Kel-Tec P11 9mm, ASP 26" expandable baton or walking cane.

  8. Unless I read this thread incorrectly, I don't see anywhere stated that the wife is against concealed carry but rather the condition of carry. For those of you who are chest betters, I would like to see your relationships and how they work. I know of no marriages were there is not a give in take between the two.

    IMHO this is not a carry issue but a training issue. Get proper training and you can effectively carry your Glock and make the wife happy too. If not you are doomed to a miserable existence.

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Starr View Post
    So just learn the Israeli method. You will still be well armed and make the little lady happy.
    that's a good way to get yourself killed
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma, for now
    Posts
    364
    Just one more reminder that the OP said he took his wife, explained gun safety to her, took her through some fake attacks, and all is well.

    See post 28.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

  11. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by glockk23:234747
    She is a big freak when it comes to guns. She is so scared of them. Iv explained the reason why carrying condition 1 will save your life and not doing so will get you badly hurt or killed. " I'm not going anywhere with you of you have a round in the chamber " what if you accidently shoot it". Iv told her the only way a firearm will fire is by your finger. And so on. Wish I could come up with a way to make her understand why I won't carry if my glock doesn't have a round ready to rock ....
    don't tell her and she'll never know!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast