the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1

1. the wife refuses to let me carry condition 1

She is a big freak when it comes to guns. She is so scared of them. Iv explained the reason why carrying condition 1 will save your life and not doing so will get you badly hurt or killed. " I'm not going anywhere with you of you have a round in the chamber " what if you accidently shoot it". Iv told her the only way a firearm will fire is by your finger. And so on. Wish I could come up with a way to make her understand why I won't carry if my glock doesn't have a round ready to rock ....

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Double post. Do I get the prize tonight or what? My bad.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Ouch. Good luck. Dealing with your wife is above my pay grade! Maybe you could practice, practice, practice racking the slide upon drawing. Then, practice some more? I dunno. On the plus side at least you are allowed to carry!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I've never discussed the option of any other firearm carry method with ANYONE... My wife once asked me about my 1911 having the hammer cocked when it was in my holster. "Dangerous?" she pointed at it.. "Yup" I said and smiled.. That was it...

It is just that way... Just do it and move on... Or you could do a Barney Fife and keep one in the pocket to show the wife if she asks...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Law Enforcement carry with a round chambered (except Barney). If they can, why can't you? The cops aren't having their gun just firing off in their holsters, why would yours?
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

Run her through drills ... maybe she'll understand that there's precious seconds between life or death ... or draw a dummy gun against her.... and see how many times she comes out on top...proof is in the punch....

8. Go get a hidden hammer revolver like an LCR and keep its operation secret :)

Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Go get a hidden hammer revolver like an LCR and keep its operation secret :)
    The Glock already does this. She doesn't like the bullet in the chamber which is the the best way to carry

Does your wife carry? Maybe you should get her some training with an instructor who could explain and show her the conditions of carry. Hopefully this would ease some of her anxiety. Good luck!!

My wife felt the same way. One evening watching the news they reported four people shot in our area that week in different instances, three of which died. Our credit union was robbed that same week. She was suprised at the report of all that happening in one week. I told her it happens all the time, all over. I asked her about her objections of me carrying now. She said "Hell no! Carry it everywhere and I want my permit and a gun!" Maybe when your wife realizes that no one is completely safe, no place is completely safe and that this madness is happening everyday and everywhere she will change her mind. Good luck. Until then, carry it, load it and be damn ready to use it.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast