Concealed carry to Doctor and Dentists offices - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry to Doctor and Dentists offices

My Doc asks me what I am carrying that day and if he can see it:-)

How many people did you have to pay off to get a CCW in CA? Stand more of a chance of finding a organ donor(rare in it's self) then you do of getting a CCW in CA.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    I've noticed some recent posts suggesting that people might be hesitant to carry to doctor or dentist appointments, and I'm wondering why. It's never become an issue for me, and I am regularly in the dentist chair. My dentist knows I carry, and has no issue with it. I have even gone to the doctor for minor surgery, and after disrobing told the nurses and doctor that I am a CCW holder, and my weapon is holstered and safe under my stack of clothes. They just shrugged and said, "Oh, that's fine. Thank you." And I live in Cal-LEFT-fornia!

Are there many offices out there that are different? Love to hear why the hesitancy to carry to these places.
    I went to my doctor last week. It's in a building attached to the hospital, and you can't carry in a hospital here, so I opt on the side of caution and leave my weapon in my car. My regular doc was off and I HAD to have an abscess on my abdomen drained (relevant here, because my gun belt was too tight! I have since discovered Perry suspenders and remedied that)got one I didn't know. When he saw my Vietnam Vet hat he asked me, "Which branch?" and I said Army. He replied he'd spent 6 years in the Navy as a Corpsman. When he spotted the holster on my belt he asked, "What do you carry?" I told him and found out that he's an avid shooter. Small world, isn't it?
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

5. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    How many people did you have to pay off to get a CCW in CA? Stand more of a chance of finding a organ donor(rare in it's self) then you do of getting a CCW in CA.
    All you have to do is claim that you worship Michael Moore and you got it made. You know the enemy and play their game. Divide and conquer that is how Stalin killed 35,000,000 people.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

carry to doc

I always carry and on ocassion the people there know it. Ever try to get an x-ray with a gun on your pants?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40:235124
    In some counties, you're exactly right. In others, its surprisingly easy. Go figure, the ones on the coast are generally the most difficult. Weird. My wife and I both have CCWs: mine through my department (LEO) and my wife through our county of residence. No payoff was necessary in either case. Thanks for asking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TlWheatley:235141
    I always carry and on ocassion the people there know it. Ever try to get an x-ray with a gun on your pants?
    Nope! But it is now officially on my "Things to do before I die" list!

In my case that's not much of a question since my doctor's office is posted (=law in NC). My dentist is not but so far I have not carried there. I guess I would just be concerned about creating an awkward situation.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:235050
    In some states there are legal restrictions on doing so.
    Man, id love to know what states those are, so I can take them off my "I might move there one day" list.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Grapevinebill View Post
    I love this forum, I always learn something just in time. I have a CHL in the state of Texas for all of 3 days now. This morning I had a Dr.s appointment and had this running through my mind. Should I or Shouldn't I. My decision was not to carry in to the office. I secured my gun in my car. My thinking is concealed means concealed and nobody needs to know, not my doctor or his nurse. I don't know whats right or wrong but I am glad to see I am not the only one thinking about this.
    Is it really worth trading away your safety so a doctor doesn't find out about your gun? Concealed does not mean unarmed. You weren't concealing your gun in the doctor's office, you were an unarmed victim. But where could you be safer than a doctor's office in Texas, right?

Woman killed, man wounded in shooting at doctor's office | abc13.com

I would offer to not let your "element of surprise" become, "SURPRISE! Oh, crap, my gun is in the car..."

Gunman Kills 22 and Himself in Texas Cafeteria - New York Times

Is it REALLY worth leaving your gun in the car to keep it hidden from everyone including the criminals who randomly pop up from time to time in unlikely places?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast