Concealed carry to Doctor and Dentists offices - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry to Doctor and Dentists offices

If I'm carrying that day I will take it into the office. I don't like leaving a gun in an unattended car. My doctor knows this... he has a FFL (surrpised me).

I once collpased with cardiac failure in the doc's office. The ambulance would not move as long as I had the gun. They stated that under the law no person can be placed in an ambulance with a gun. The driver locked the gun in my car and my wife was called to pick up the car. Once we arrived at the hospital, security advised if I had a gun on me they would like to lock it up while I was being treated as they didn't want it left unattended while tests were being done. I thought that was pretty nice of them.

Has anyone heard of this law regarding an ambulance. I can't find any law on this.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

3. Quote Originally Posted by TlWheatley View Post
    I always carry and on ocassion the people there know it. Ever try to get an x-ray with a gun on your pants?
    An MRI is much more fun. I carried to the hospital to get my MRI. Simply locked the gun up in the locker with the rest of my clothes, only for the duration of the actual MRI.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I carry where I can legally carry. Since I cross state lines almost every day, it makes it tough. If I am in my home state, I will carry everywhere except courthouses (prohibited by law). I have cc'ed at clinics and dentist offices. They will only know if I have to disrobe, as at that point it will be courtesy to warn them before they see it. If I'm not disrobing in front of them, they won't know that I'm carrying.

@NavyLCDR, good points. I am sure there would be ways to still be able to conceal if one is hung up about not letting a doctor know. Maybe keeping the gun in a laptop case or brief case could keep it at hand but still out of sight.

@BC1' I was a volunteer fireman and EMT on long island back in the 80's and never heard of any such law but that was a long time ago. I still have family up there who could answer that for us. Let me check...

I carry everywhere it's legal to do so. I try to avoid going places where it isn't.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

7. I had a doctor visit a few months back, the office isn't posted so I always carried there. On this particular visit I had to raise my shirt and revealed my .45 IWB. I thought he was going to have a hissy fit right there. He said why do you need a gun? I told him as long as it was not posted it was my LEGAL right as a valid CCP holder. He told me that it would be posted the next time I come back.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sargedog View Post
    I had a doctor visit a few months back, the office isn't posted so I always carried there. On this particular visit I had to raise my shirt and revealed my .45 IWB. I thought he was going to have a hissy fit right there. He said why do you need a gun? I told him as long as it was not posted it was my LEGAL right as a valid CCP holder. He told me that it would be posted the next time I come back.
    I hope he didn't put lead in your filling or something of the sort, never trust a demarcate/liberal/communist.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    In some states there are legal restrictions on doing so.
    Not in Michigan, I carry in both all the time, and did so when I went for my steroid injection in my spine last month.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by sargedog:235849
    I had a doctor visit a few months back, the office isn't posted so I always carried there. On this particular visit I had to raise my shirt and revealed my .45 IWB. I thought he was going to have a hissy fit right there. He said why do you need a gun? I told him as long as it was not posted it was my LEGAL right as a valid CCP holder. He told me that it would be posted the next time I come back.
    You should of told him you weren't coming back lol

In the state that I live, OCing is legal. I had a dentist appointment today. Went in and had my checkup. No one ask, or even mentioned it on my side. It is a small office, and I was the only customer there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast