Concealed carry to Doctor and Dentists offices - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry to Doctor and Dentists offices

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Funny how the term "Liberal" means many different things to many different people. To me it means "Cult", "Theives" "Getting something for nothing, from someone elses sweat" "Counting someone elses money because their a lazy as to work. "electing officils to steal from the producers because they don't have the testicles to do it themselves".

One thing is for sure, if I were Liberal(cult Member),I would be hiding in shame. I don't mean you Ed, I'm just saying about the other guy.
    I agree with you. In fact, please read the first paragraph, the opening paragraph at the top of this site: Click here . If you agree with this then a "liberal" would, for the most part, be opposite in your mind. Would you not agree?

Oh yeah, the carrying in the doctor's and dentist's office question... Yes.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hurtley View Post
    Obviously, if the office says it's okay, then it's okay. My only concern would be if I am going to be separated from my belongings or put under, leaving my firearm in the hands of someone else. If there is a locker nearby that could be used, it would be okay.
    I suppose you could use a trigger lock (never had one/never used one) and have the key around your neck. (Or, remove the mag and duct tape it to your thigh...heehee.)
    Happily clinging to God and my guns...not at all bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by glocknload View Post
    I suppose you could use a trigger lock (never had one/never used one) and have the key around your neck. (Or, remove the mag and duct tape it to your thigh...heehee.)
    CCW Duct tape anyone?!?

I have carried and not carried while going into a doctor's appointment, however I lean to not carrying. I do carry everywhere else except when I pick my daughter up from school. I think that going to the doctors office is not like going to the store or movies, it is a up close, personal visit with someone. You need to remember that concealed means always concealed even from a doctor or nurse in a closed room. That might be hard to do when dropping your pants to cough. :)

My mom is a nurse at a same day surgery facility. she has patients come in cc some civilian some leo. when they have to change out of their clothes some have their spouses hold their gun, others tell the nurse they are cc. when they tell some nurse this they usually have my mom take care of that patient cuz she carries. so she tells them she carries and she'll stow their stuff including their gun under their bed. and since she carries she has no problem taking the extra care for their guns.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jasonshoe308 View Post
    My mom is a nurse at a same day surgery facility. she has patients come in cc some civilian some leo. when they have to change out of their clothes some have their spouses hold their gun, others tell the nurse they are cc. when they tell some nurse this they usually have my mom take care of that patient cuz she carries. so she tells them she carries and she'll stow their stuff including their gun under their bed. and since she carries she has no problem taking the extra care for their guns.
    Jason, your mom is a wonderful person I am sure you appreciate that by your words spoken.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

8. My Doctor's office is posted on the entrance. I don't leave it in the truck though. I carry my diabetic kit inside a 5.11 Tactical "PUSH" Pack. It has a handgun pouch in the top. There is MOLLE loops inside that pocket to attach a holster to. I have to carry a bag anyway, so why leave it in a dark parking ramp? Now, if this office location wasn't downtown, with many roaming undesirables, I'd leave it locked up in the truck safe.

9. My doctor carries, even though there is a sign on the door that says not to. He knows many of his patients carry as well. He also heavily supports the NRA and spends a lot of his doctor money in gun shops. That is largely why he is my doctor. He is about the first one of them I have trusted.

10. Hey all...new to writing in these forums...but saw something that caused me to ponder a response. It was from Jerry12, about churches being shot up...etc. Yep, we do live in a bad world, but serve a Good God! So, to continue, I am a leader in my local church. Recently, my Pastor asked me to be the Director of Security. (ooo another title)...anyway, I do carry armed, and in a belt holster. However, I do try to keep it somewhat covered, either with a suit-coat, or a sweater. Either way, I can quickly sweep it aside if I had to. That said, I am also on the platform at times, and can see if there are any "odd" looking or suspicious looking (people or person)s visiting in the congregation. I also wander in the entryway, to see what is going on in the parking lot. .........Needless to say, I am not listed in the Church Directory as security, Both the Pastor and I don't want to place a "Bullseye" on my back.

So, if any of you have any GOOD suggestions, I would welcome them. ....BTW, currently, I use a Taurus 709 slim. That is until I sell some of my items and can buy a Glock 23. (sigh).....

Anyway, until next time, Good shooting, and concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    I've noticed some recent posts suggesting that people might be hesitant to carry to doctor or dentist appointments, and I'm wondering why. It's never become an issue for me, and I am regularly in the dentist chair. My dentist knows I carry, and has no issue with it. I have even gone to the doctor for minor surgery, and after disrobing told the nurses and doctor that I am a CCW holder, and my weapon is holstered and safe under my stack of clothes. They just shrugged and said, "Oh, that's fine. Thank you." And I live in Cal-LEFT-fornia!

Are there many offices out there that are different? Love to hear why the hesitancy to carry to these places.
    I know is doesn't matter where you are, but SC does not allow weapons in doctor's office or hospital.
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast