Can you carry? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by alternety View Post
    I have had a question about this issue. What happens to the records that the FFL fills out when you buy a gun? Is that accessible to the state? If it is that is a defacto registration for anything going through an FFL.
    Depends on the state. In Washington, for handguns transferred by an FFL, the answer is yes. In most states, no.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    For what it's worth, whenever I do a private sell (both of them) I ask the buyer to meet at my favorite gun store and I have the gun store do a 4473 and background check before exchanging funds. Just to cover my behind I even did it when selling a Ruger hunting pistol to my brother. At least here in Indianapolis my store only charges $10, and I'll pay that for the peace of mind of not possibly having ATF or police show up and ask about a purchase I made being used in a crime.
    Best way to go, IMHO. (Just to be sure.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123