New Pistol in 10MM or 45GAP?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pistol in 10MM or 45GAP?

Question New Pistol in 10MM or 45GAP?

I am thinking about getting a new pistol in 10mm or 45G.A.P. I now have a 380 /9mm/40cal /45cal and for some reason i think i need more power. Any way guy's i would like to hear from people that have been at this longer than me. I know a shot gun is very good for home but i like to stick with with some thing that i carry around with me.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

I guess you could have a straight flush.

But unless you can hit with the second shot, does it really matter?

Psalm 82:3-5

Why not a Desert Eagle .50?

Desert Eagle .50 that does sound good.
    Jerry

NRA Life Member

I have a Glock 20. 10mm gets pretty pricey so I slapped a Lone Wolf .40 cal conversion barrel on.

I like having the option of swapping out to .40 when I wanna shoot a big Glock or 10mm when I want to splurge at the range or having to put down the occasional zombie or grizzly bear.

Glock 20 10mm,
    Not only does it have a hell of a bark,but the ballistics are also impressive. I purchased one in 2009 for Conceal Carry.
    After shooting it for a while I decieded to use it for back up while hunting.

Last year I shot a nice 250+ Pound Black Bear with my .300 Weatherby when I tracked the Bear,it still wasnt expired so I used the 10mm and it took care of the situation very quickly. I was very impressed, I would not want to be on the. Receiving end of the G20

.454 casull super powerful. go big or go home! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by che View Post
    I have a Glock 20. 10mm gets pretty pricey so I slapped a Lone Wolf .40 cal conversion barrel on.

I like having the option of swapping out to .40 when I wanna shoot a big Glock or 10mm when I want to splurge at the range or having to put down the occasional zombie or grizzly bear.
    For the .40 S&W conversion barrel do you just change the barrel or springs as well? Can the 10mm magazines hold the .40 S&W rounds or is it better to get the .40 S&W magazines?

I have a 20SF coming in a week or two, and I am thinking of getting the Lone Wolf .40 S&W conversion barrel so I just wanted to see what is actually required to allow the 20SF to shoot .40 S&W.

Thank you.

Without looking at the stats, I am pretty sure that .45 acp is more powerful than .45 gap, which is a shorter version of the .45 acp (like 380 vs. 9mm and .40 vs. 10mm).

It looks like you will be saying "One of each, please" when you go ammo shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    For the .40 S&W conversion barrel do you just change the barrel or springs as well? Can the 10mm magazines hold the .40 S&W rounds or is it better to get the .40 S&W magazines?

I have a 20SF coming in a week or two, and I am thinking of getting the Lone Wolf .40 S&W conversion barrel so I just wanted to see what is actually required to allow the 20SF to shoot .40 S&W.

Thank you.
    I was just inquiring about that. They said you only need the barrel and the stock mag is what you use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast