working on a social work degree in Louisiana - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: working on a social work degree in Louisiana

JSDinTexas Guest
    Yeah, G50AE, mine too, but cause TX is so big, I just moved a little bit.

Mental health therapits

Hi chain saw I have been in the human services for about 20 years and I encourage you to continue on to get yor msw. It's worth it. Second there is nothing wrong with being cautious when servicing consumers within their social surroundings. They fear being there also. I worked as a mental health mibile therapist for a year. I almost was robbed once going to a clients home. Sad to say I worked in nj the armpit of the world where my ltcf (ccw) from pa is not recognized. If you feel you need to carry do it!

I carry every day in philly, pa as a mobile mental health therapist. Why? Well some of my clients self medicate (crack) and live under the hood (projects).

Oh yea and I'm from the hood so I can say that. Crime is random be prepared. Having a gun is like having a spare tire in the trunk you never know when your going to need it. Excuse the typos I'm on my phone.

4. Crockery I tell you! Nothing wrong with helping people but refusing to be victimized. Get your chl and get some martial arts/self defense training. Once your fully able to defend yourself your confidence will translate to your position in the social hierarchy.

Chainsaw,
    Good for you !!!! Im glad you are willing to stand up for what YOU belive in. I would never put my safety in the hands of others.

Quote Originally Posted by eXGee11 View Post
    Crockery I tell you! Nothing wrong with helping people but refusing to be victimized. Get your chl and get some martial arts/self defense training. Once your fully able to defend yourself your confidence will translate to your position in the social hierarchy.
    (OPENS ENVELOPE)

And the award for telling the OP like it is instead of grandstanding and pontificating, goes to eXGee11. Please come up on stage and give a brief acceptance speech and pick up your CCW Badge on the table next to the podium.

7. @truckturner. I plan on starting work with my bachelor's. Where I'm at, most state offices will pay for your masters and allow you to work part time while receiving a stipend for the income lost by not being full time. Most of them only require you to sign a contract saying you'll stay for at least 5 years. Fine with me.
    P.s.
    I live in the hood as well. I have left my door unlocked accidentally for 3 days once, but instead my neighbors house got robbed. Never had any trouble. I use that same spare tire argument daily

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12