fl cc question

Thread: fl cc question

1. fl cc question

Does anyone know I just moved to nc from fl I have a cwp is it still valid can I carry in nc with my fl permit? Thanx for any help

I'm pretty sure your Florida Resident Permit is invalid once you have moved.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

^Based on what? Florida and NC have reciprocity. I'm sure the Florida Division of Licensing would appreciate being informed of the change of address, said notification being a statutory requirement...

"It is therefore important that you keep our office informed if you move or change your mailing address. Section 790.06(8), Florida Statutes, requires licensees to inform our office within thirty (30) days of the permanent change of address. If you do not let us know about your address change, you will in all likelihood not receive your renewal notice."

^Found here... Information About Renewing Your License- Weapons - Division of Licensing, FDACS

lukem, if you have a citation to back up your "assertion", I'm sure we'd all be happy to review it.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

It just seems that once you are no longer a Florida Resident then your Florida Resident permit wouldn't be valid. I'm going to call them Florida to get an answer from them.
    Last edited by lukem; 10-15-2011 at 11:43 PM.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

NC law says when you move to NC you must take their concealed carry class to getyour new permit. I am a NCconcealed carry instructor.

Florida issues the same license to resident and non resident alike. NC honors non resident Florida licenses according to http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html
    Last edited by lukem; 10-16-2011 at 08:55 AM.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

I'm moving to NC as well. I hold a SC CWP and FLA non res. Will be advising both of the move but will have to surrender my SC upon taking a permanent residence in NC. BUT surrendering to SC will be upon my house being sold in SC. With proper notify of FLA/SC of address change I will be covered until NC issues.

I will have to sign up for classes once established in NC for the cert. required by law than hop down to the local sheriff's office for the paperwork. Looks like Forsyth county will be the office.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    It just seems that once you are no longer a Florida Resident then your Florida Resident permit wouldn't be valid. I'm going to call them Florida to get an answer from them.
    Just need to inform FL of the change of address...which can be done here. The permit itself remains valid as there is no difference between Resident and Non Resident. Since FL 2010, they no longer put the address on the permit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by firetruck33 View Post
    NC law says when you move to NC you must take their concealed carry class to getyour new permit. I am a NCconcealed carry instructor.
    Just to point out...I do believe NC requires a 30 day "waiting period" before one can apply. Is the FL permit useable during this waiting period? ETA: Mappow may have already answered this...

10. Thanks for the link mrjam2jab done it.
    Firetruck33 can u tell me what that means for my fl cwp and where do you teach?