Question on owning Multiple CCW Permits and moving across states - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on owning Multiple CCW Permits and moving across states

Here is a link to why the no reciprocity between Oregon and Washington. It also states how to carry in Washington even if you DO NOT have a CPL from Washington or any state that it does have reciprocity with. Also, just apply for the Non-Resident CPL like Navy suggested.

Also if you want the Florida CCW then you will need to apply for Non-Resident and take classroom training along with range training and $125.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRouleau View Post
    Anyone have any advice on applying for a non-res in Florida?
    Florida issues the same permit to residents or non-residents. See Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Quote Originally Posted by slag_it! View Post
    Here is a link to why the no reciprocity between Oregon and Washington. It also states how to carry in Washington even if you DO NOT have a CPL from Washington or any state that it does have reciprocity with. Also, just apply for the Non-Resident CPL like Navy suggested.

Also if you want the Florida CCW then you will need to apply for Non-Resident and take classroom training along with range training and $125.
    MI requires training as well...if he still has that cert. he can use that.

Your Michigan license likely will no longer be valid when you officially change your residence. If you pick up Utah it is recognized in Washington and a potload of other states. You have to find a Utah instructor (list available on their website) local to you or a place you can visit.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

6. I still have my cert. of training from Michigan. it's a 8 hour day with classroom and range. 150 rounds down the range. Utah might be a closer shot for me however, I would prefer not to sit through another 8 hour class.

It looks like I have to take an $80 class here in Oregon to apply for Utah, but at least I can do everything by mail with Utah. Utah seems a lot cheaper to apply as well.
    One con is that the Utah non-res will still bar me from handling in Florida and NM. I'm not too worried about NM but I do have family in Florida that I visit.

I appreciate all the helpful knowledge on this forum.
    This is my first time here at USAcarry and I'm certainly impressed.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRouleau View Post
    I still have my cert. of training from Michigan. it's a 8 hour day with classroom and range. 150 rounds down the range. Utah might be a closer shot for me however, I would prefer not to sit through another 8 hour class.

It looks like I have to take an $80 class here in Oregon to apply for Utah, but at least I can do everything by mail with Utah. Utah seems a lot cheaper to apply as well.
    One con is that the Utah non-res will still bar me from handling in Florida and NM. I'm not too worried about NM but I do have family in Florida that I visit.

I appreciate all the helpful knowledge on this forum.
    This is my first time here at USAcarry and I'm certainly impressed.

Thanks guys.
    Since you will most likely be visiting FL then get the FL permit. Your training is already done and it can be had thru the mail. Sure it's a little more expensive than UT or AZ, but it is the only one that will cover you in FL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12