Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens. - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Morons like this don't help us responsible CC citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    You are a gentleman and have been taught well, but I still think saying I am sorry for what is not your fault is a no-no -- especially if the other person has a pissed-off partner.
    I've always thought one could be "sorry" something happened without it being their fault.

It doesn't hurt me a bit to be a touch "over polite" and may keep me from having to shoot someone. I've shot folks and been shot...and would just as soon avoid both from here out if I can. I'm just too old for that crap any more.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Walt: It is not a question of "being different" when you are CC, it is the mindset that I am talking about. You may be that perfect even keeled person that never gets angry and has a smile on their face but I do not believe most of us are. Let me ask you--if someone comes over to you when you are walking with your wife or family or someone you care about and starts off on them in a vile and extremely insulting manner just because they are idiots or crazy or just looking for trouble, you are telling me that your demeanor is exactly the same as the minute you walked out of church......<SNIP>
    What I said was, My reaction to any given situation would be the same regardless if I was CC or not. If the situation warrants getting me and mine out of a situation, I will do so whether I am CC or not.

Maybe I am unique, I don't know, but I believe I have a mindset that dictates I will do everything possible to evade / diffuse / calm a situation before getting to the point that I must draw my weapon against another human being. No, I am not a pacifist.

And if you ask my wife she will tell you I don't fit the "chronic even keeled" guy you describe. :-)

But, to date, I have never gotten into a situation like you describe. Thank the Good Lord, I have never had to draw my weapon in self-defense against a human being and only once did I draw in readiness against an animal (4 legged)

If the situation arises that I have to draw, then I will have already made my mind up that I will shoot. But up to that time, I agree with you that a level head should prevail.

You know what they say about confusion? Confusion is the result of you mind over riding you wills urge to shoot some a$$hole that so rightfully deserves to be shot. Just thought I'd throw that in here.

But, keeping in mind what the OP was all about.... Given the description of the bile producing situation you demonstrate, if I draw my weapon and the mutton chop crazy guy high-tails it out of there, would my actions be considered self-defense or brandishing? Either way a 911 call is coming from my phone!

Thanks for the feed back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    There are many gentlemen out here like you but I said what I said because Firefighterchen said she has a pissy husband. And THAT is my opinion.
    Pissy husbands ARE a problem. Just ask my wife! LOL!

True story. My wife and I were at the local Storemart and I was in a pissy mood. I don't even remember why and it really isn't important. But I got pissy with the poor girl at the register during check out and we left.

She (my wife) was driving. We loaded the stuff into the trunk and climbed in the car and she just sat behind the wheel. No key in the ignition, no seat belt on, she just sat there deep in thought. She looked at me and said "we forgot something. Come on let's go" and she climbed out of the car and waited for me to get in tow.

We walked right up to the cashier I was pissy with and my wife interupted the ring out to tell the cashier "He (pointing her thumb at me) has something to say to you", and as she turned to me added"Don't you?". I

I must have looked at her with my 'what the heck' look and she said "You were about to tell this young lady how much of an a$$hole you were and that you're sorry. Aren't you?"

Yeah, I felt about 2 inches tall and everyone in the check out lane were looking at me with that 'arm crossed, you been a bad boy' look.

I'm not sure she said 2 words all the way home. I know the 2 I used were "I'm Sorry"

So yeah, pissy husbands can be a problem.

Hey Walt: I appreciated your previous replies, as I indicated in one of my previous replies and I believe we are on the same page as far as what we believe brandishing really is; sometimes our words do not fully address our thoughts. I too am very happy just writing and talking about these things and do not relish nor do I want to ever have to somehow "walk the walk". I appreciate your comments on different threads and wish you and your family the best--G-d Bless.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910